News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Yoke Skirt Pattern? Little Help

Started by Beaudan Tocks, July 16, 2010, 01:28:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Beaudan Tocks

Do any of you fine folk know where I might find a pattern for a Yoke (sp) Skirt like the ones pictured at this link?
http://www.crimsongypsy.com/yokeskirt.htm

I need to make one for M'Lady

Just grab me by the shoulders and point me in the right direction please...  Thank You
"A chastity belt! That's going to chafe my willy!"

Dinobabe

I don't think you need a special pattern.  It just looks like a waist cincher with the skirt sewn on.  The big three have waist cincher patterns.

$85 dollars!!  Geez Luise!
Natasha McCallister
Bristol Faire 1988-2005
The Wizard's Chamber/Sir Don Palmist
59.2% FaireFolk Corrupt
midsouthrenfaire.com

Beaudan Tocks

LMAO...  I Know... Right?   Hence the "I need to make one for M'Lady" statement...

Dinobabe

And don't forget to wait for those $1-2 pattern sales.  Hancock's always has a rotation schedule every month for the big three.  I NEVER buy a pattern for more than $2!  $18 is ridiculous! ::)
Natasha McCallister
Bristol Faire 1988-2005
The Wizard's Chamber/Sir Don Palmist
59.2% FaireFolk Corrupt
midsouthrenfaire.com

gem

It actually looks more like the yoke goes around the hips (which I have to say looks terribly unflattering), and not around the waist like a true waist cincher, which would look MUCH better, IMO. You don't need a pattern for a waist cincher: just measure the waist and then decide how wide/tall you want it to be, then draw out a shape like this to those measurements (the one shown is what I made for my MIL's measurements.). You'll want to either bone or heavily interface/interline it, so it doesn't scrunch. Then just gather or pleat ~4 yards of fabric to the bottom edge.

Beaudan Tocks

You ALL ROCK...   Really HARD 8)

Thank You

Kate XXXXXX

I'd certainly make it as a waist cincher with plenty of boning.  REAL boning, not cable ties, but that' the professional dressmaker in me!   ;D