News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

1st time TRF AND Camping!

Started by FatSat30, August 11, 2010, 11:16:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rani Zemirah

Oh, please... that's faaar too obvious (and probably trademarked, as well)... we're a much more imaginative bunch than that!  Geez, even my 4th grader can come up with something that you would never be able to spot until you were hanging upside down over the fire, wondering just how you got there...  :D
Rani - Fire Goddess

Aut disce... aut discede

Mouse

It's been done Rani...it's been done. And you can't beat a classic.
Wee, sleekit, cow'rin, tim'rous beastie

"MOUSE,n. "Animalistic man-child which strews it's path with fainting woman"....less so these days :)

Rani Zemirah

Oh, but I just can't resist that look of stunned surprise as the hidden trap is sprung!  heheh
Rani - Fire Goddess

Aut disce... aut discede

Mouse

Me too...can I leave with at least a shred of dignity? Who am I kidding...can I HAVE a shred of dignity?

"MOUSE,n. "Animalistic man-child which strews it's path with fainting woman"....less so these days :)

Rani Zemirah

Oh, I'm sure you'll be stumbling over all sorts of shredded dignity, aaaaall over the campgrounds . . .  heheheh

Ummm... if we're still talking about TRF, and camping... it's not technically a thread-jack... is it?
  :P
Rani - Fire Goddess

Aut disce... aut discede

Mouse

I think it is...sorry. We digress alot

Rani Zemirah

But... surely digression is better than regression, isn't it?!?  Oh, and they've both got to be preferable to aggression, but that's just a guess...
Rani - Fire Goddess

Aut disce... aut discede

Mouse

Aggressive regression digression.....I can dig it.

FatSat30

Hee hee, you guys are cracking me up! :D

Rani Zemirah

Oh, this ain't nuthin'... just wait 'til we've got you in camp!  heheheh
Rani - Fire Goddess

Aut disce... aut discede

Bonny Pearl

Quote from: Rani Zemirah on August 20, 2010, 08:41:01 AM
Oh, this ain't nuthin'... just wait 'til we've got you in camp!  heheheh

true... true  ;D
Gypsy Wanderer
Kingdom of Onondaga
Order of the Hatchet
Landshark No.88

Austin Gypsys

I was taken to TRF as my 1st time a few years ago by my girl and every year since then we go back and camp on Halloween. I've ALWAYS had a blast and the people couldn't be better. Can't wait till this year, more djembe around the fire! 

Laird Fraser of Lovatt

It's something about All Hallows that brings the freaks out of the woodwork...  Lol  :D
Cha togar m' fhearg gun dìoladh
Alba gu brath
Laird of Dunans Castle
Warrior Poet/Loki God

Molden

Points to the thread title....Ahhh the memories!

It was the launching point of MANY warm stories - my 1st time at Faire period! My 1st time in garb! My 1st time camping at faire. It's where my name came from and the birth of a long, enjoyable, educational, storied/if not mythic epic journey.

Go enjoy, absorb and reflect - this is the stuff of Legend in your life!
Cat-like & Mercurial

Reliably Unreliable

beckgam462

Highly recommend camping at the faire
2 years ago was our first time at TRF, and we camped opening weekend;
  We loved the group camping; all the groups were great, arg...
people were great

last year we did opening and thanksgiving weekend, cold and wet but the fair is always great;  the new wave techno music till 5am was a bit rough, 
this year we are planning on opening, Halloween, and closing weekend, can not wait  for Oct 8th
in the bilge with the vermin
Procrastination wannabe
Life Time member "Cottonbalers"';  Volens et Potens