News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

1st time TRF AND Camping!

Started by FatSat30, August 11, 2010, 11:16:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Austin Gypsys

Quote from: beckgam462 on August 23, 2010, 03:55:33 PM

the new wave techno music till 5am was a bit rough 

Yeah after camping for a couple years and hearing that, we have been taking ear plugs, just in case they camp close to us, for just that reason!

SandrineDeLaTombe

I will definitely be bringing some ear plugs.  I have found that dripping water downstairs in my house will keep me up or wake me up.  Music til 5am = no sleep for me. :(
I aim to misbehave

Breandan

I am going to bring Ryan in on a project that might be of interest to campers in Patrons- a directed EMP device :D
Author, bladesmith, and fuzzy teddybear.

"I've fought my wars and drank my mead in this life, the afterlife for me will be one endless renaissance festival with an old-school tabletop game store the size of a Costco next door ;D " - me

Rani Zemirah

It was nice and quiet down by Row 0 last year on AHE...  I didn't have any trouble sleeping.  Of course, I was used to sleeping close to an AC/heating unit that sounded like it was run by a generator, so I might have had an advantage there...  heheh
Rani - Fire Goddess

Aut disce... aut discede

Mouse

I sleep through everything...except for a motorcylce being revved at 5 am by my tent....I hope he dies....but I digress.
Wee, sleekit, cow'rin, tim'rous beastie

"MOUSE,n. "Animalistic man-child which strews it's path with fainting woman"....less so these days :)

FatSat30

My wonderful, beautiful, loving fiance snores like a chainsaw being revved right by my ear, so Im used to wearing earplugs to bed.

Though, I anticipate sleeping like the dead after wandering around all day and most of the night drinking from my flask and soaking in all the atmosphere, and after playing this "blender roulette", so it might be of no consequence anyway! :D

Mouse

Quote from: FatSat30 on August 24, 2010, 08:24:03 AM
My wonderful, beautiful, loving fiance snores like a chainsaw being revved right by my ear, so Im used to wearing earplugs to bed.

Though, I anticipate sleeping like the dead after wandering around all day and most of the night drinking from my flask and soaking in all the atmosphere, and after playing this "blender roulette", so it might be of no consequence anyway! :D

DEAD MAN WALKING!

"MOUSE,n. "Animalistic man-child which strews it's path with fainting woman"....less so these days :)

Rani Zemirah

Ummmm... yeah.  Sounds like your fiance will be fitting right in there...  heheh
Rani - Fire Goddess

Aut disce... aut discede

SandrineDeLaTombe

Quote from: FatSat30 on August 24, 2010, 08:24:03 AM

That is my plan as well- Drinking myself into an exausted stupor that not even all night drumming and drunken debauchery could keep me awake.
I aim to misbehave

Mouse

Well, you do aim to misbehave after all....As do I...and I fear for my safety..YAY! Chicks dig scars!

Rani Zemirah

As a single mom I just don't get drunken stupors anymore... but it also means I don't get hangovers anymore, either... 

(we just won't mention last NYE, thanks... ::) )
Rani - Fire Goddess

Aut disce... aut discede

batninja

We had some sound issues with some high-school kids a couple years ago.  Me, not being the confrontational type, decided to wait it out.  However, a neighboring group of much larger barbarian-types politely asked them to observe friendly camping protocols.   :)    Crisis averted...

It ain't the years, it's the mileage.

Lady Rosaline

I've only had trouble sleeping one weekend, in 8 years of camping. That was the weekend I camped right next to the drum circle. Some how I managed to set up camp within 20 feet of the drums. Bad move. The drums wasn't the bad part, it was after the drummers quit and the drunk/drugged people started yelling and jumping in the fire that was hard to sleep through.
I'm the reason the rum is gone! (Unless Teach is near by!)

Laird Fraser of Lovatt

I remember waking to "Sweet Home Alabama" at 5am, last AHE...
Cha togar m' fhearg gun dìoladh
Alba gu brath
Laird of Dunans Castle
Warrior Poet/Loki God

KiltedPrivateer

The 1st TRF camping experience will be with you forever.  But be sure to follow the advice of those who have come before you for an even more enjoyable weekend.

Definitely avoid camping anywhere near the fire circle.  The creek should be avoided as well.  Little ravers have a tendency to hide out over there, plus the whole flooding issue if we get a good rain.  The best plan is to stay close to the members of this board.  You're guaranteed to stay safe and happy and have a great time.
Member of Clan Procrastination
Crew of the Procrastinator
Lover of Lady Kitara