News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

After Hours Saturday

Started by Charlotte Rowan, August 30, 2010, 11:20:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Charlotte Rowan

What's everyone up to? Rob will be out with me on a day pass that day, so I want to show him some after-hours fun! I know the Jester's BBQ and the guppy fencing tournament are going on, so we may do that.
Masquerading as a normal person day after day is exhausting.

Random Girl

As far as I know the only "official" thing this coming weekend is the Jesters BBQ.  With the nice weather I am sure the BLT will be packed and fun, I know that as of right now...I have the night off.

That's right.  I have a night off.  A Saturday no less. 

Who's with me?!

(this is subject to change as I was supposed to have a 2am cut on friday and a night off on sunday and I was asked to stay for both)
~~Nessa~~
Safety Services Maven of Midnight
Crew member of the S.S. Hookers and Blow
Odissimur Iocos - We hate fun

Sitara

George and I also have Saturday off. Good times...good times.
Beer wenches are the best wenches!

saphire_glade

I know Guppies and Knights tournaments are this weekend. Guppies are on Saturday. My husband is in it *cheer for him, he looks like Gimli the dwarf at 5' 0" and long hair with the beard*

Other than that... not that I am aware of either. But there will be somethings going on. Often they have an impromtue fire show as well.
Bubbles are pure magic... if you don't believe me watch any man, woman, or child chase a bubble down the road.

Muffin

Quote from: saphire_glade on September 02, 2010, 10:58:31 PM
I know Guppies and Knights tournaments are this weekend. Guppies are on Saturday. My husband is in it *cheer for him, he looks like Gimli the dwarf at 5' 0" and long hair with the beard*

Other than that... not that I am aware of either. But there will be somethings going on. Often they have an impromtue fire show as well.

This will be going on right next door to the Jester's BBQ!! Stop in and grab some food!! All proceeds go to the Shakopee Jaycee's and our many charity organizations we support!!!

;D
A Captains Wench

It's always Beer:30 here....

*sigh* So many kilts, so little time......

Ette

Charlotte Rowan

Planning on doing the Jesters BBQ and watching the guppies!! Should be fun!
Masquerading as a normal person day after day is exhausting.

auntiegiggles

I'm thinking about staying for the BBQ too.   ;D 
Everything goes better with giggles

DeadBishop

We might stay for that as well.  :D

R/F.com member since 2003

Muffin

Here's some additional information from the listserve for the BBQ tomorrow!!  ;D

Food:  Food is $5 per plate.  Cash only, please.  We will have burgers & brats, fresh fruit, veggies and dip, potato salad, some kind of pasta salad, chips, cookies, and whatever anyone else shows up with.  This *is* a potluck so if you prefer to bring an entree, salad, or dessert to share, you can eat for free!  No chips, please...we always have an over-abundance of them.  (We also have cooler storage if anyone needs to bring a dish over in the morning and electrical outlets if someone brings a crockpot!)

Beverages:  We have pop/water for 50 cents.  You can also chip into the cost of the Bass keg for $5.  I think we will also have some Mead again this year.  If you plan to imbibe in any alcohol, please bring a valid picture ID (driver's license, MN state ID card, etc).  NOTE - Fest passes are NOT a valid form of ID to drink.

Location:  Jester's Court is the beer pub located between First Aid and the Fencing Booth, at the end of the joust track we like to call the "Fiery Inferno."  Look for the big crowd of cheerful people and come on over!

Time:  The BBQ begin at 8:00pm and end at 11:00pm.

Parking:  Jester's Court is *at* First Aid, which means the shuttle busses to the parking lot stop right BEHIND our booth!  Bus service ends at 10pm, but it's a straight shot down the road to the Pit if you stay past 10pm.  I've already walked it myself several times this year and it was NOT terrible.  (And I'm a rubenesque kinda girl.  If my lazy butt can make that walk, anyone can!)

Free Entertainment:  The Guppy Memorial/Squires Tournament will be going on at the Fencing booth at the same time.  Pre-register and join the fighting, or just pull up a haybale and watch the fun.

All of the profits from the BBQ will be given to the Shakopee Jaycees and donated to several worthy causes that we are supporting!
A Captains Wench

Ette

Muffin

Oh and...

We also received an updated "wish list" from the CADA House in Mankato (shelter for domestic violence victims) so if you have any of these items available to donate (along with any women's/children's clothing), please bring it to the BBQ and we'll ensure that they receive the donations.  Tax donation receipts will be available.  Here's the list:  Socks and underwear (mostly for older children), women's socks, underwear & bras, hair brushes, rubber bands, barrettes, hair scrunchies, slippers or shoes, laundry baskets, night lights, twin size sheets, alarm clocks, bath towel sets, small coffee pots, gift cards to Target/Walmart, new pillows.  You may bring donations to our booth anytime during the day, if that will help with any concerns about where to store them.
A Captains Wench

Ette

Toarmod

Quote from: Muffin on September 03, 2010, 11:35:21 AM
Oh and...

We also received an updated "wish list" from the CADA House in Mankato (shelter for domestic violence victims) so if you have any of these items available to donate (along with any women's/children's clothing), please bring it to the BBQ and we'll ensure that they receive the donations.  Tax donation receipts will be available.  Here's the list:  Socks and underwear (mostly for older children), women's socks, underwear & bras, hair brushes, rubber bands, barrettes, hair scrunchies, slippers or shoes, laundry baskets, night lights, twin size sheets, alarm clocks, bath towel sets, small coffee pots, gift cards to Target/Walmart, new pillows.  You may bring donations to our booth anytime during the day, if that will help with any concerns about where to store them.

And the "booth" to bring it to is Jester's.  ;D

Muffin

A Captains Wench

Ette

Kiss-me-Kate

We had dinner tonight at the Jester's BBQ.   Everything tasted wonderful, and the proceeds went to a good cause! 
~ Notouchin' M'Crack
Pucker Up!