News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Adding picture to profile

Started by Master James, May 07, 2008, 09:34:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Master James

OK since it looks like we are stuck here for a bit and or might be back here a lot  :-\  how do you get a picture into your profile?  I tried copying in my URL for my picture but the field isn't big enough for it.  Any help would be appreciated.  Thanks.
Why can't reality be more like faire?
Clan M'Crack
RenVet
Royal Order of Landsharks #59
FoMDRF
RFC #51

willin

i paste the photobucket ulr link and it worked fine thus the dancing skeleton

but now that you brought it up i can't locate where i added the profile photo/gif it disappeared, well at least it worked for me, i don't recall any issue with the size if the field.  so i guess this post is of no help whatsoever.

GOT FEET ?

Master James

Yup that is what I tried to do and it won't let the full URL be pasted in so I get a partial URL as text instead of the picture.  :-\  Any other ideas?  Thanks.
Why can't reality be more like faire?
Clan M'Crack
RenVet
Royal Order of Landsharks #59
FoMDRF
RFC #51

analise

Maybe your URL is too long? You could use something like http://www.tinyurl.com to make it shorter! :)

Lady Mikayla of Phoenicia

Where do you go to enter the url for your picture?  I tried the one at the bottom with the tiny url and it did not work.
"Embrace those who love you and rid yourself of those who bring you down."

Blushing

Where do you add it?  I spent a ton of time last night looking (although it could very well be obvious and I'm thinking too hard about it).
~All human activity lies within the artist's scope~

Lady Mikayla of Phoenicia

Quote from: Blushing on May 08, 2008, 11:20:38 AM
(although it could very well be obvious and I'm thinking too hard about it).

I seem to go through a lot of life like that, I kinda needs the visuals!  Artistic person here!!!
"Embrace those who love you and rid yourself of those who bring you down."

Anna Iram

I asked DB about that yesterday. Willin it looks like you got in under the wire and the avatar option was removed from the rest of our profile choices. DB is trying to keep things simple for now.

...and I have the cutest little avatar just waiting to be posted.   :'(

willin

Woo-Hoo ! 
it's a good thing i didn't operate under my usual
"why do today what can be put-off to tomorrow"
;)

GOT FEET ?

Mischka

Quote from: willin on May 07, 2008, 11:17:28 AM
i paste the photobucket ulr link and it worked fine thus the dancing skeleton

but now that you brought it up i can't locate where i added the profile photo/gif it disappeared, well at least it worked for me, i don't recall any issue with the size if the field.  so i guess this post is of no help whatsoever.

LOL...but at least there is a fun, dancing skeleton in the post!  ;D

willin

GOT FEET ?

Moon Dawg

I looked for it too and I know where it is supposed to be as I use this same forum on three websites.
Moon)Dawg
Moon)Dawg
Mage of the Majick Box
Keeper of the Pygmypony
Wizard to the Kingdom of Onondaga

willin

Quote from: Moon Dawg on May 09, 2008, 12:54:20 AM
I looked for it too and I know where it is supposed to be as I use this same forum on three websites.
Moon)Dawg

here is how DB responded to a question about profile photos/avatars
(in different thread -   http://forums.renfaires.com/index.php?topic=278.0   )

"We've turned them off to keep any files from being uploaded to the forum's server, as it could pose a security risk, and the last thing we need is more hackers messing with this new forum after all the work I did to get it up and running.  They may be turned on at a later date, but at this point we're just playing it safe."
GOT FEET ?

Molden

ceiling cat sez no pikturz...

k' thx!!!
Cat-like & Mercurial

Reliably Unreliable

DeadBishop

Just to clarify, you can still post pictures IN threads.  Just not as an avatar.

R/F.com member since 2003