News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Weapons?

Started by LAVAGODDESSSS, September 03, 2010, 09:48:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

LAVAGODDESSSS

Ok, So the renfestival dot com page says NO weapons. But last year we could, but they had to be peace tied. So are we allowed to bring weapons or not? Their site, I can't find where it would say it...

Beauty is found in those who take the time to build you up.

LAVAGODDESSSS

Quote from: LAVAGODDESSSS on September 03, 2010, 09:48:36 AM
Ok, So the renfestival dot com page says NO weapons. But last year we could, but they had to be peace tied. So are we allowed to bring weapons or not? Their site, I can't find where it would say it...

Not ON the website. But I just got it confirmed by phone they do allow them. Peace tied of course. Someone may want to update their entry on renaissancefestival.com because it says NO WEAPONS in caps.

Paladin

Are you arguing with yourself?   ;D

And yes, the office told me on Tuesday when I called, weapons are allowed as long as they're peace-tied.  I'm SO glad they finally changed their mind on this a couple years back... now I can happily carry my blade regardless of whether I find work this year or not.  Hope it stays this way forever.

LAVAGODDESSSS

Quote from: Paladin on September 03, 2010, 10:04:22 AM
Are you arguing with yourself?   ;D

And yes, the office told me on Tuesday when I called, weapons are allowed as long as they're peace-tied.  I'm SO glad they finally changed their mind on this a couple years back... now I can happily carry my blade regardless of whether I find work this year or not.  Hope it stays this way forever.

It surely felt like I was...but I thought I'd answer myself since I got so impatient I called moments after posting LOL.

Poldugarian Warrior

Unfortunately to pay for the added insurance to allow us to carry our blades, the admission and food and drink prices have gone up, so it's a bittersweet situation. But, I do like my blades and being able to carry a different one on different themed weekends, because I change character is fun, I do hope it never changes.