News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

What are your favorite weird, but awesome food combinations?

Started by Valiss, September 09, 2010, 10:51:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bellevivre

got that beat- KETCHUP in mac and cheese! and soetimes, alittle liquid smoke and sriracha

and also, Major Grey chutney on haggis is a thing of beauty
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Belle the Kat

Clan Procrastination's Ambassador to the Seelie & UnSeelie Courts

Tygrkat

Quote from: bellevivre on September 09, 2010, 09:49:51 PM
wait... PB and miracle whip? I love both of those... but, together? well, I guess, peanut soup has citrus, and the ZIP in MW is maybe kinda citrusy...

I also used to eat that with banana and pickle slices...I did the fried bologna & peanut butter, too (someone mentioned their brother liked it)...not so much anymore, though.

I like pizza with pineapple, black olive & jalapeno on it, too... :)
50% Endora, 50% Aunt Clara.

LadyFae

Amanda  =D

"Do not call for your mother.  Who is it that you think let the demons in to eat you up?"

Rani Zemirah

I make peanut butter-oatmeal-chocolate chip-walnut-almond-pecan-cranberry-raisin cookies... and they're both healthy enough and yummy enough to have as breakfast, or any other meal. 
Rani - Fire Goddess

Aut disce... aut discede

mehan

Haggis and Major Gray's.....that sounds wonderful as well as historically ironic.  I am definitely going to try that, though if I were British would I need therapy afterward?

Lady Christina de Pond

Quote from: Valiss on September 09, 2010, 03:53:46 PM
Quote from: Lady Christina de Pond on September 09, 2010, 03:36:01 PM
nutella and rice crispy treats
megga Yummmmm
also pineapple sandwhich's

Is that just pineapple between two pieces of bread, like how it sounds?

My friends father used to take a cracker and spread butter and peanut butter on it. That always seemed odd to me.

slice of pineapples between two slices of bread and mayo on the bread
Helmswoman of the Fiesty Lady
Lady Ashley of De Coals
Militissa in the Frati della Beata Gloriosa Vergine Mari

Molden

where there's gravy - I like a little ketchup mixed in with it...

I also like to top my biscuits and sausage gravy with salsa/picante'. Yum!
Cat-like & Mercurial

Reliably Unreliable

Toarmod

Hmm. Sunny-side up eggs and maple syrup
Thick slices of both tomatoes and onion, bit o' cracked black pepper and buttered bread.

LadyFae

Quote from: Toarmod on September 10, 2010, 11:18:02 AM
Thick slices of both tomatoes and onion, bit o' cracked black pepper and buttered bread.

You call this weird?  I call that breakfast and lunch!
Amanda  =D

"Do not call for your mother.  Who is it that you think let the demons in to eat you up?"

Laird Fraser of Lovatt

Cha togar m' fhearg gun dìoladh
Alba gu brath
Laird of Dunans Castle
Warrior Poet/Loki God

Toarmod

Quote from: LadyFae on September 10, 2010, 11:27:20 AM

Ya well i usually mix the syrup and eggs yolks (which has gotten me a few ewws) As far as the sammich,  I'm talking 1/2" thick slices...although I guess im just a 'lil balsamic and basil away from bruschetta.  ;D

LadyFae

Quote from: Toarmod on September 10, 2010, 02:53:12 PM
Quote from: LadyFae on September 10, 2010, 11:27:20 AM

Ya well i usually mix the syrup and eggs yolks (which has gotten me a few ewws) As far as the sammich,  I'm talking 1/2" thick slices...although I guess im just a 'lil balsamic and basil away from bruschetta.  ;D

LOL!  Still not finding it odd, though!
Amanda  =D

Amyj

Oh yea, I've had Biscuits-n-Gravy with grape jelly...a friend does that and once I tried it....not bad!!!!
I'm not fat, it's just that a skinny body couldn't hold ALL THIS PERSONALITY! ;)
Historically Accur-ISH

ladybootlegger

I like my fries dipped in the original chocolate frosties from Wendy's.

I also like to add garlic cloves to my Mac & Cheese, with some sour cream instead of milk, and a bit of hot sauce...usually chilula. So yummy!! My irishman introduced me to it this summer.
I'm the one going to Hell, you were only watching.
~Billy Connolly

Hoowil

Quote from: Becky10 on September 09, 2010, 05:18:02 PM
If you get the right mixture of milk and coke its really good but its like near impossible to get it right.
Try Coke, half & half, and Kahlua. I've heard it called a Colorado Bulldog, done right it tastes like a root beer float.
Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for thou art crunchy and taste good with catsup.