News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Happy Happy

Started by AnnMarie B, October 21, 2010, 02:41:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AnnMarie B

With all the negative stuff that has been going on at faire this year, I thought I would share my happy perspective.  I lost my R/F pin last weekend, and figured it was gone for good. I was sooooo happy to hear that it had not only been found but that the person who found it notified Sir Martin.  I hope this doesn't embarass him, but he went out of his way to get it back from the person. That person didn't want to leave it somewhere that it could get lost, so he is keeping it at his shop for me to come pick up this weekend.  I won't say who it is unless Sir Martin tells me it is ok because some people are shy and woulld be uncomfortable. I know that not everyone out at faire has been acting the way they should, but this was just a reminder to me that there are still a whole lot of very good people around to balance out the bad. Little acts of kindness mean a lot.  :)
Phoenix Risen

Rapier Half-Wit

If her eyes aren't sparkling, you didn't do it right...

Yrose

Shows the true color of true Rennies! Glad he picked it up! We got lucky one year when Ed lost his whole favor sash in the parking lot and some one turned it into lost and found.
Don't forget to smell the roses, but watch out for the thorns!

Laird Fraser of Lovatt

SWEET, AM!  I'm glad that the wayward pin made it home!   :D
Cha togar m' fhearg gun dìoladh
Alba gu brath
Laird of Dunans Castle
Warrior Poet/Loki God

Merlin the Elder

This past year at Scarby---before I found this site---I found a pin in the parking lot as I was leaving. Didn't know what it was, but the weight of it made me think it wasn't just another trinket. I set it on the bumper of the SUV I found it behind hoping it would be seen as they loaded to go. I hope it was found.
Living life in the slow lane
ROoL #116; the Jack of Daniels; AARP #7; SS# 000-00-0013
I've upped my standards. Now, up yours.
...and may all your babies be born naked...

Advent

HUZZAH!

Now someone needs to help a drunk Irishman find his blackthorn......   ;D
The Order of Culloden Moor
Clan McLotofus
Keeper of the Broken Moral Compass and CoCaptain of the JagerBOMB Squad

Rapier Half-Wit

Quote from: Advent on October 21, 2010, 03:08:24 PM
HUZZAH!

Not again! [facepalm]
If her eyes aren't sparkling, you didn't do it right...

Laird Fraser of Lovatt

Quote from: Advent on October 21, 2010, 03:08:24 PM
HUZZAH!

YOU lost THAT my friend...  :D

ASH!  What did you do with your man's knobbily wood?  Give it back to him, once in a while, he misses it!  :D ;D ;)

Cha togar m' fhearg gun dìoladh
Alba gu brath
Laird of Dunans Castle
Warrior Poet/Loki God

Rani Zemirah

If that particular vendor wouldn't mind his name being known, I would be willing to bet that quite a few R/Fer's would be moved to patronize his shop, just because it's always nice to deal with someone who goes out of their way to help others. 

I'm so glad it was found, AM!  :)  I know I would be very sad to lose mine!!!
Rani - Fire Goddess

Aut disce... aut discede

Sir Martin

Ann Marie - let's make sure you get it back and then we'll give the good Samaritan a proper thanks on the board.   :)   

AnnMarie B

Phoenix Risen