News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Crossplay Faun

Started by Niennis, October 22, 2010, 08:44:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Niennis

Hello, my Lords and Ladies (and everything in between) *bows*

I am a faun when I can be, a male faun in fact. This is all well and good except for the slight secret of my bosom  :o ! Mind you, it isn't ample, or even amp-... more like "a" ;)

My problem lies in what to wear as a faun. I know how to do open chest binding, which is where I can show most of my torso without giving away my XX nature :D

What I do need is something like an open vest but that can be kept in place. Maybe with buckles or something of the like. Also, sleeves, but that aren't connected to a shirt, just to each other across the chest.

Anyone have any suggestions for this? Patterns are helpful, but pictures more so as I sew without patterns XD

Thanks! *clops off*
Hey, why not?

Tygrkat

I know I've seen vests & sleeves somewhere in the intertubes, I want to say on some sort of Early American/Victorian?/Steampunkish clothing sites,  but I can't think of the specific site(s) at the moment...when/if I remember or stumble across it again, I'll be sure to post a link.
50% Endora, 50% Aunt Clara.

Elennare

For sleeves, what about something like the guy in "Princess Mononoke" wears?  They're normal sleeves, but instead of attaching to a shirt, they have ties that go across/around his chest and hold them on that way.  No idea how that'd work in real life, but in the cartoon it seems like a pretty good solution.
My (infrequently updated) costume blog: http://manufactorumbrandis.wordpress.com/

Dinobabe

Belly dancers wear something similar.  Use Google image search for ideas.  Maybe something like this

Natasha McCallister
Bristol Faire 1988-2005
The Wizard's Chamber/Sir Don Palmist
59.2% FaireFolk Corrupt
midsouthrenfaire.com

Niennis

Thanks everyone XD It's still an ongoing search, but you're helping!

Thanks for the pattern, Dino, I'll see if I can suss it out XD

I'll have to stare at Ashitaka some more for ideas, too, Elennare.
Hey, why not?