News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

MidWinter Exchange 2010

Started by Dinobabe, October 24, 2010, 05:45:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dinobabe

Don't forget, to be included in the exchange you MUST pm me your info.  Read the rules carefully! ;)
Natasha McCallister
Bristol Faire 1988-2005
The Wizard's Chamber/Sir Don Palmist
59.2% FaireFolk Corrupt
midsouthrenfaire.com

Celtic Lady

Just making sure... ??? did you get mine?

Evie McCann

Ooh! How exciting! I've never done anything like this before.

1. Favorite Color: red, green, navy and light (powder) blue, black
2. Hobbies:  sewing, football games (I'm a band mom), cooking, entertaining.
3. Do you wear jewelry, what type (ex. rings, earrings, necklaces, also gold or silver) and size where appropriate: yes, pearls and silver. I love bracelets, earrings, brooches.
4. One interesting fact about yourself: I'm a coffee junkie.
5. Favorite Movie/Book: Movies - Jaws, James Bond movies (no Tim Dalton), M*A*S*H/Books - Alison Weir, Ian Fleming, nonfiction historical stuff.
6. One word to describe you: Clumsy
7. Anything else you wish to include: I find Sir Frances Walsingham fascinating, I like martinis and Christmas is my favorite holiday.
8. Those who know me IRL and on the Forum: I met DonaCatalina and her husband in '07 at Scarby, but she probably doesn't remember.
9. Do you have an R/F pin?  not yet
10. Allergies?? (in case someone bakes for you) none
11. Favorite scents? (in case someone gets you candles, incense, etc.) Christmas smells from the kitchen and woodsy type
12. Home faire and other faires regularly attended? Home is Scarby. TRF was my first.
13. Favorite Music: Gaelic Storm, most anything that reminds me of faire, Contemporary Christian, some classical like Mozart and Vivaldi, The Rat Pack
14. Things I collect:Coffee mugs, Pandora charms
15. Briefly describe your character:Evie McCann is an average wife and mother of 3 children who helps with her uncle's tailoring business. I am currently working on Lady Evelyn Robison - the daughter of a wealthy landowner who grew up just north of Carlisle and married to a Scottish landowner from just across the border. Makes for interesting family gatherings. :D

I'm so excited. I can't wait to see who I get! ;D
aka. Lady Eve

Dinobabe

Quote from: Celtic Lady on November 11, 2010, 09:22:03 PM
Just making sure... ??? did you get mine?

Yes.

So not everyone starts asking :D I will post a list of the names I have on Monday.  That will give you a week to catch up!
Natasha McCallister
Bristol Faire 1988-2005
59.2% FaireFolk Corrupt
midsouthrenfaire.com

RumbaRue

Loved doing this last year!

1. Favorite Color: Blue

2. Hobbies: Collecting cool geodes, crystals and other interesting rocks.

3. Do you wear jewelry, what type (ex. rings, earrings, necklaces, also gold or silver) and size where appropriate: No rings, have plenty. Like really nice pins, funny favours, earrings have to be sterling or gold plated wires-ears are pierced.

4. One interesting fact about yourself: I love to laugh and I've been a dedicated owl fan of the San Marcos Barn Owls that have appeared on Ustream.

5. Favorite Movie/Book: Cutthroat Island, and POTC - of course!

6. One word to describe you: Fun

7. Anything else you wish to include: Enjoy gardening and love those solar color balls and funny/cute garden statues

8. Those who know me IRL and on the Forum: none

9. Do you have an R/F pin?  no

10. Allergies?? (in case someone bakes for you) No fruitcake or rum cakes!

11. Favorite scents? (in case someone gets you candles, incense, etc.) gardenia and a good cinnamon

12. Home faire and other faires regularly attended? Escondido Renaissance Faire

13. Favorite Music:  great fan of Tom Petty and Asia

14. Things I collect: geodes, fossils, interesting and beautiful dishes, porcelain flowers, pretty vases

15. Briefly describe your character: Lady of the House, of Pirates of Treasure Cove. Better known as pirate with a taste for good wine, quick hands, and glorious rewards of treasures of every kind.
Being Blond means I have the right to walk into any wall.

Dinobabe

So far I have...

Celtic Lady
Ariel Callista
Delireus
Tygrkat
Irish
Dbaldock
Wildthingjew
Windchime
Rani Zemirah
Evie McCann
Auryn
RumbaRue
Lady Rowena Everclear
Ferret
Natasha McCallister
Bristol Faire 1988-2005
59.2% FaireFolk Corrupt
midsouthrenfaire.com

dbaldock

Quote from: Dinobabe on November 15, 2010, 08:12:27 PM
So far I have...

Celtic Lady
Ariel Callista
Delireus
Tygrkat
Irish
Dbaldock
Wildthingjew
Windchime
Rani Zemirah
Evie McCann
Auryn
RumbaRue
Lady Rowena Everclear
Ferret

I'm seeing BubbleWright's entry near the top of this thread.  Since he's not on your list, does that mean he still needs to contact you by PM?

Take Care,
David Baldock
Great minds discuss ideas, average minds discuss events, small minds discuss people... -anonymous

Tink

I PMed you, add me to the list, pretty please!  :)

1. Favorite Color: GREEN!  combined with silver or black, also blue (combined with silver or black) and purple (combined with silver or black- see a trend here?)
2. Hobbies:  photography, digital collage, sewing, crafting, artsy anything, reading, going to faire, thinking of faire, preparing for faire (another trend)
3. Do you wear jewelry, what type (ex. rings, earrings, necklaces, also gold or silver) and size where appropriate: I like unique and interesting necklaces, but I really only wear my wedding rings (other than all the jinglies I wear to faire)
4. One interesting fact about yourself: when I was little, my imaginary friends were 2 ghosts who eventually moved to Houston
5. Favorite Movie/Book: LOVE anything based on the Authorian legend (books and movies)  and books about photography and art
6. One word to describe you: creative
7. Anything else you wish to include: I'm a teacher, hoping to go back to school and get my master's in English Lit, and LOVE books!!!
8. Those who know me IRL and on the Forum: I've seen a lot of R/F'ers in passing, but I don't think I've met many
9. Do you have an R/F pin?  no :(
10. Allergies?? (in case someone bakes for you) none
11. Favorite scents? (in case someone gets you candles, incense, etc.) LOVE Nag champa and more earthy scents (flowery stuff makes my head hurt)
12. Home faire and other faires regularly attended? Home is TRF, also visit Sherwood and Scarby
13. Favorite Music: Anything Ethereal or tribal- Loreena McKinnet, Spoonfed Tribe, Brother
14. Things I collect: Art books, photography books, books about Authurian legend, books, faeries, jinglies and shinies
15. Briefly describe your character: don't really have one, but I'm a fae druid wench at heart
There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio,
Than are dreamt of in your philosophy. - W. Shakespeare

BubbleWright

QuoteI'm seeing BubbleWright's entry near the top of this thread.  Since he's not on your list, does that mean he still needs to contact you by PM?

I missed the bit about PM'ing but I'm caught up now. I also added the list from the 2 previous Exchanges that I have done of those to whom I sent a package and those from whom I have received a package. Thanks..............  The Bubble Wright
"It is only with the heart that one sees rightly. What is essential is invisible to the eye."
   Antoine de St. Exupery

Dinobabe

Quote from: dbaldock on November 15, 2010, 09:31:16 PM
I'm seeing BubbleWright's entry near the top of this thread.  Since he's not on your list, does that mean he still needs to contact you by PM?

If I don't have your mailing address then there is no place to send a gift! ;D
PLEASE read the rules carefully and don't forget to post your survey answers.

Added to list...
Bubblewright
Tink
Natasha McCallister
Bristol Faire 1988-2005
59.2% FaireFolk Corrupt
midsouthrenfaire.com

Lady Rebecca

1. Favorite Color: I like blues and pinks, esp baby blue and hot pink
2. Hobbies:  sewing, theatre (it's more a profession, technically), singing
3. Do you wear jewelry, what type (ex. rings, earrings, necklaces, also gold or silver) and size where appropriate: my daily jewelry is a pair of dangly earrings (I can't wear studs), my claddagh ring, my Disney charm bracelet, and often a pearl necklace. For faire, I've been trying to find some nice bodice jewelry or a girdle.
4. One interesting fact about yourself: I'm completely obsessed with Harry Potter.
5. Favorite Movie/Book: movies - Miss Pettigrew Lives for a Day, Love Actually, Peter Pan (live action), Billy Elliot, How to Train Your Dragon, Young Victoria; book - Harry Potter and the Bloody Jack Adventure series (I need the last two!)
6. One word to describe you: optimistic
7. Anything else you wish to include: I'm moving across the country in April, so nothing too bulky please!
8. Those who know me IRL and on the Forum: I've met several people at various faires, but the only person I know otherwise is Casche
9. Do you have an R/F pin?  yes
10. Allergies?? (in case someone bakes for you) walnuts
11. Favorite scents? (in case someone gets you candles, incense, etc.) vanilla or strawberry
12. Home faire and other faires regularly attended? I don't have a home faire, but I've been to Norman Medieval Faire, Muskogee, Scarby, St Louis, Sterling (my favorite), BARF, Lady of the Lakes, and will be going to Sarasota this weekend.
13. Favorite Music: Celtic (I need the new Celtic Women cd!), musicals, movie soundtracks, Sara Bareilles, Regina Spektor, Josh Groban, Carrie Underwood
14. Things I collect: Disney pins, yellow ducks
15. Briefly describe your character: I don't really have one, but my current garb is lower noble/upper merchant (see the gallery of finished projects)

Kymberleigh

1. Favorite Color: Blues, purples, dark reds
2. Hobbies:  Sewing, baking, misc crafts, reading (fantasy and scifi mostly)
3. Do you wear jewelry, what type (ex. rings, earrings, necklaces, also gold or silver) and size where appropriate: Not a fan of rings, and I don't have pierced ears, but I love pendants and charms, silver preferred
4. One interesting fact about yourself: I've gotten a minimum of 5 people addicted to faire just by inviting them along *insert evil laughter here*
5. Favorite Movie/Book: Movie: Star Wars (original trilogy), Stardust, anything Mel Brooks, Iron Man, Favorite book changes by the day
6. One word to describe you: Introverted
7. Anything else you wish to include:  I like to listen to people talk, and that carries over to the internet as major lurking with little actual posting
8. Those who know me IRL and on the Forum: No one
9. Do you have an R/F pin?  Not yet
10. Allergies?? (in case someone bakes for you) None that I know of, though a great dislike of walnuts
11. Favorite scents? (in case someone gets you candles, incense, etc.) ylang-ylang, lilac, citrus, clean laundry
12. Home faire and other faires regularly attended? Great Lakes Medieval Faire, Ohio Renaissance Faire, Pittsburgh Renaissance Faire
13. Favorite Music: Celtic, Blackmore's Night, Bawdy Faire music, Oldies (60' & 70's), Historically accurate and inaccurate Renaissance music, sea shanties,
14. Things I collect: dragons, fabric, misc trinkets
15. Briefly describe your character: No character as of yet, I just like making garb
I'm not shy... I'm a passive socialite

Dinobabe

All of the surveys are in and I will be sending out names soon!  Keep an eye on your PM inbox. ;)

If for what ever reason you can not participate tell me ASAP so I can rematch your exchange partner.
Natasha McCallister
Bristol Faire 1988-2005
59.2% FaireFolk Corrupt
midsouthrenfaire.com

Dinobabe

All of the matches have now been sent out.  Please let me know if you did not receive one or there is a problem or whatever needs to be taken care of.

Remember to send out your gifts not later than Wednesday, Dec 15.

Have fun!!!!
Natasha McCallister
Bristol Faire 1988-2005
59.2% FaireFolk Corrupt
midsouthrenfaire.com

irish

irish~ren ~
Cruise Director ~
Clan O'Doinn (Sterling) ~
Irish Penny Brigade (New York)