News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

ebay help

Started by Lady Christina de Pond, November 04, 2010, 03:39:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lady Christina de Pond

alright my computer and ebay savy friends i need some help
i bid on some mugs that were in great britian they didn't put a shipping price on it thinking the most they would charge me for shipping would be like 8 or 9 american dollars i now find out that they want 20 something dollars for shipping to me thats outrageous price for shipping does anyone know how to bow out gracefully? I don't want to spend 20 some what dollars on shipping if i knew it would have been that much i would have not bother to bid i would like got get out of this without disaterous results to my ebay acct. i don't bid on things i don't want but i really don't want them at that price
Helmswoman of the Fiesty Lady
Lady Ashley of De Coals
Militissa in the Frati della Beata Gloriosa Vergine Mari

Ferret

You should have contacted the seller prior to bidding about shipping costs.

You might see if they'll mutually cancel the auction, that way they aren't out any money.
Ferret

Auryn

Have you emailed the seller and explained the situation??
Scissors cuts Paper. Paper covers Rock. Rock crushes Lizard. Lizard? poisons Spock. Spock smashes Scissors. Scissors dec

brier patch charlie

The last thing I got off ebay that came out of the UK was some wool cloth and the shipping was like all most as much as what I payed. The cost of shipping anything through there post is going to cost you. You pay 3 quid for it and 6 quid to ship it!
Charles Coleman

Becky10

Just about anything from Europe is gonna cost an arm and a leg to ship. Honestly if I got something for the UK shipped at $20i would be doing a happy dance lol. (Never for the love of all things holy ship to Italy)

I am sure if you just send them a message explaining the situation youre not going to get seriously dinged unless theyre a real PITA. 
The man who smiles when things go wrong has thought of someone to blame it on