News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Season of the Witch!!

Started by Lord Clisto of York, November 28, 2010, 12:22:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lord Clisto of York

Hail everyone,

Some of you may have seen this trailer, but there is a new Nicolas Cage movie coming out this January 7th called "Season of the Witch". Looks pretty good with it being a medieval theme along with the supernatural. Here is the story line -

A medieval knight undertakes a mission pitting him against a devious witch and making him the last hope for the world against an ancient and dark force. His faith broken by years of battle as a crusader, Behmen returns to central Europe to find his homeland decimated by the Black Plague. While searching for food and supplies at the Palace at Marburg, Behmen and his trusted companion, Felson are apprehended and ordered by the dying Cardinal to deliver a young peasant girl - believed to be the witch responsible for the Plague - to a remote abbey where her powers can be destroyed. Behmen agrees to the assignment but only if the peasant girl is granted a fair trial. As he and five others set off on this dangerous journey, they realize with mounting dread that the cunning girl is no ordinary human, and that their mission will pit them against an evil that even in these dark times they never could have imagined.

Follow this link to the trailer -
http://www.traileraddict.com/trailer/season-of-the-witch/trailer

Lord Clisto, Duke of York
Invictus Maneo - I Remain Unvanquished

Mairte

That sounds like a movie I would LOVE to see!!!!

Bob of the Lake

Sounds good! I'll keep an eye out for trailers. Thanks for the tip m'Lord!
I came, I saw, I skipped to my lou.
            - Hammy the Squirrel

Lord Clisto of York

You are all most welcome. I am seeing it for sure that weekend. Saw the trailer at the theater before Harry Potter. Can't wait. Mixture of Medieval and witchery heck yes. LOL..

brier patch charlie

I hope that this will be a better movie for Cage, as most of his movies seem to just fall FLAT! It sounds as if it might be good, but we will have to wait and see.
Charles Coleman

Lord Clisto of York

A lot were pretty good. Now, if he can just SAVE some money instead of spending it all on his bankruptcy.

Sir William Marcus

What a pathetic movie this turned out to be. Its been a long time since I've seen something this bad.  :(

VENI, VIDI, VELCRO! Spelling and grammatical errors are beyond my control, it's the way I'm wired.

Kruzar

Saw this one this weekend...and yeah.. I should have waited for DVD or for it to come to HBO.  The story just kind of fell flat, and if you went in with high hopes you would be severly disapointed.  I think we actually had more fun making fun of the movie after than actually watching the movie...   At least if I had watched it at home, I could add my own color commentary instead of remaining quiet and hoping for it to get better....
Gentleman Rogue

Lady Kathleen of Olmsted

Great choice of photo. GLADIATOR remains one of Ridley Scott's BEST films with Russell Crowe and my fave!. I am still pissed Hans Zimmer did not win the Oscar for Original Score.

Oops, wrong movie!  :o
"As with Art as in Life, nothing succeeds like excess.".....Oscar Wilde

Mairte

I had a chance to see this but passed (waiting for the dvd to come out) and went to True Grit instead...