News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Things lost and found (and other tales)

Started by analise, November 30, 2010, 06:23:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

analise

First off, this was my friend and I's first visit to TRF (and she, living in Austin, is resolving to go back many times next year. Me, living in Maryland, would like to but am not holding my breath). It was a lot of fun (and we got done and saw a lot more than we anticipated, hah!)

A big chunk of the weekend centered around my friend procuring new garb for herself (as her old bodice bought several years ago at MDRF no longer fits) and she was therefore wearing several pieces of my garb (save the one skirt that was hers).

So here's a before and after:

However (and here's one of my tales of things lost and found!), after buying that lovely purple corset, my friend managed to forget and leave the bag holding my nice black Damsel in this Dress bodice on a bench after the evening Tartanic show. I was, understandably, rather upset when this was realized about ten minutes after the show and we were a bit down the way in a shop. So, I hightailed it back to the stage only to find....no bodice! Images of someone scooping it up and going, "ground score!" whirling in my head, we made our way to the lost and found where the nice lady behind the counter was able to produce said bodice! Yay! Some kind soul deposited there and for that, I'm thankful. So thank you, whoever you are!

My other tale of something lost happened earlier in the day when my Crafty Celts cloak pin managed to fall off the cloak my friend was wearing. It has not been found, at least...not by me. It was last seen in the vicinity of the Italian Village and looks like this:

Lost and Found, alas, never had it, as of Sunday afternoon not long before we had to go. If anyone stumbled upon it, I would love to have it back and would be glad to pay for its shipping.

In happier news...I did find something pretty for myself (I swore off buying any garb, despite all the temptation!). A half-mask from ArtsMyths:

We really enjoyed the fireworks (don't have anything like that at MDRF!) and both managed to get manhandled (right after I commented to my friend, "oh, we don't have to worry, they never pick people in garb!" and was in the middle of eating some tasty catfish, to boot!) by Sholo at the Falconer's Inn (we were just resting and waiting for Shakespeare, honest!). Still, twas fun (especially since EJ got far more manhandled than I, LOL).

Anyway, just wanted to let you all know we had a great time at TRF. (And it was nice to have a shot of "faire juice" while it was grey and rainy back home. :) )

squiregaby

On a completely unrelated note.....I think I sold those lovely masks to you guys.  At least....I think it was me anyway.
Squire Gaby
Squire to the Knights of the most Noble Cause

analise

If it was late on Sunday morning, then probably yes? :)

I dithered a lot. (let me try this one on! No, maybe this one. Or maybe that one! And then I got, like, the one I first tried on.)

Rani Zemirah

Oh!  I DID see the two of you!  I remember you in the masks, and thinking how very lovely they were!  In fact, I believe I saw you more than once!  Darn... soooo close to meeting.  LOL  That's the way it goes at Faire, though... particularly at TRF, where there are so many things to see and do, and so much ground to cover! 

I'm sorry you lost your cloak pin, and I hope you manage to get it back.  I' thrilled you got your Damsel back, and happy that the kindness of strangers still exists in places... particularly at Faire! 

I hope we get to meet eventually!  :)
Rani - Fire Goddess

Aut disce... aut discede

analise

Awww, I was trying to keep an eye out for you but all I had to go on was your avatar. ;)

Anyway, my friend, EJ (in the lovely purple and green) will be at Sherwood Forest this spring (she didn't realize there was a faire in Austin until we saw the billboard on the way to TRF) so if you're there and see her, please say hi! (she wants to make rennie friends since I get the impression most of her other friends think faires are silly. And I, you know, live in MD. ;) )

Rani Zemirah

Maybe you can convince her to get on the boards here, then, since this is a wonderful way to meet other Rennies!  There is a good size Ren community in the area between Houston and Austin, and they have fairly regular get-togethers, so she could meet lots of people between now and the opening of Sherwood!  There's also a Sherwood gathering and volunteer day coming up in just a few days (this weekend, I think), and she could go out and meet lots of folks then, as well.  Get her on the boards here, point her in the direction of the Sherwood forum and look them up on facebook, as well! 
Rani - Fire Goddess

Aut disce... aut discede

Queen Bonnie

Beautiful cloak pin! I hope it turns up. Glad you found your bodice!
I lost an Egyptian dagger- must have fallen out of the car on row 3. Sigh.I had just bought it at the pirate shop. Drat.
Tell your friend to give me greeting at Sherwood!
Wingardium Leviosa!
Tis not the length of the staff- but the magick there in!

analise

Rani,

I mentioned the forums to her but now she's got a link so she can (hopefully) come join. :)

Queen Bonnie,

Oh no! I'm sorry to hear about your dagger. :(

And I will tell her! (actually, we were looking at the Sherwood website the other day and I said, "hey, that's Queen Bonnie!". ;) )

Trillium

Unfortunately I can't see the pics but I bought a mask from them Roman weekend.  They have such beautiful stuff!  I got a purple half mask with irises and leaves.  I love it!!
Got faerie dust?