News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

MIRF

Started by Lavender, May 09, 2008, 07:08:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lord Virgil

I find that dressing garb makes it so much more fun.  Also, there's something that makes a woman more attractive when dressed in garb.   I'm not only speaking of the cleavage-o-rama outifts (although they are my favorites,  :o ;D) but the pretty dresses and all the feathers/leather/lace/etc...  Many people are much more outgoing at Faire than in mundane life, because they can always blame their behavior on their character.  Huzzah to Rennie garb, period correct or not!!
Nothing better in life than enjoying a pint amongst friends...Huzzah!

nliedel

My cleavage has dissapeared in my dress (I lost thirty pounds between getting my part and now) and I have few frillies (Merchant class), but I feel like a princess in my dresses. I just feel lovely and sexy and so good about myself. I'm about to make dress three cause I have a sick addiction. I also spill, very sad. I wear that garb and I'm what I've always dreamed of being, beautiful. Okay, beautiful for a forty four year old broad who is the mother of four, but it's just so special to be that girly. Most of the time I'm chasing kids around the house and I'm lucky if I had time to put on something nicer than sweats.

Three dresses, fifteen days I get to wear each dress five times this fall.

I'm not excited, or anything.
My journey from mundane to Ren Actor

LadyMeg

Nah, not excited at all!  LOL...  One beauty of faire... us girls get to dress up and be princesses (or piratesses) for a day and it rocks our world.

And THIRTY POUNDS!  Huzzah!  *throws confetti*
|LadyMeg|
________
Galene, Nereid in pirate form
Lady Alethea Talbot

flidais

Yes...Huzzah to the weight loss!!!  I'm wishing to lose weight soon so I have more excuse to make more garb.  weeeeee!!!  My daughter is sitting here laughing at the making of the third dress because you have a sick addiction.  I think what she's trying to say is that I have WAAAYYY too much garb and that if you can't stop at two you won't stop at three and well you know where that's going.  Garb addiction is such a fun thing!!!  wooohoooo!!!

So looking forward to MIRF.  I have a few visits to other faires planned between now and opening day, but something about walking the grounds of Hollygrove that just screams....HOME!!

Black Armor

Quote from: nliedel on June 30, 2008, 07:49:33 PM
My cleavage has dissapeared in my dress (I lost thirty pounds between getting my part and now) and I have few frillies (Merchant class), but I feel like a princess in my dresses. I just feel lovely and sexy and so good about myself. I'm about to make dress three cause I have a sick addiction. I also spill, very sad. I wear that garb and I'm what I've always dreamed of being, beautiful. Okay, beautiful for a forty four year old broad who is the mother of four, but it's just so special to be that girly. Most of the time I'm chasing kids around the house and I'm lucky if I had time to put on something nicer than sweats.

Three dresses, fifteen days I get to wear each dress five times this fall.

I'm not excited, or anything.

Good for you!  I am trying to lose weight so I fit into the costume I have now.  I may have to make a new LARGER costume at the rate I'm going. 

L Dale Walter

Quote(I lost thirty pounds between getting my part and now)
Must be the year for it.  I am down 30 as well, and up considerably in muscle, as I have been living in the gym.  Added 50 Lbs to my bench press and shoulder press, which have always given me problems.  Not anymore.

When we did production pics for The Adventures of Robin Hood last fall I took a look at me as King Richard and said "Ooooh.  Not good.  King Richard needs to look like he came from the crusades, not the Crispy Creme..." so into the gym I went.

Now, if I do say so myself, King Richard looks like he could hand you your butt in short order. 

I still want to rip another 20 Lbs or so, and just bought a Cybex ARC trainer so I can get high intensity cardio without pounding my joints by running.  Plus I added a Cybex Eagle line of 6 machines to my gym, and 4 Cybex VR2 machines (I work out at home as I like playing MY music REALLY LOUD) so now my home gym is better equipped than most commercial gyms.  I can choose between free weights, Smith machine, Cybex, or dumbbells for my workouts.  Muscle confusion and all that.

Funniest thing is when people see me now I get comments like "You are lucky to be able to lose weight so easily..." and then they inhale a pizza.

And so it goes..

L. Dale Walter

nliedel

I'm running a marathon in October. Training helps.

darkranger

37 days , ::) better start warming up the drinking horn!
Pathfinder,,FOKTOP

Guinevere of Leonesse

As I am making a new gown myself for MIRF in September, I just hope I will fit in it and that I don't have a tummy bump showing still after giving birth, I know pushing a pram (baby carriage) around the park and other places should lose me some weight, I hope.  :)
The more you worry, the longer it will take.

nliedel

Breastfeeding burns five hundred calories a day. Seriously, it's normal to take time to take off baby weight. No one should do what those people in Hollwood do and I'm not even sure what that is, but it has to be unhealthy.

Ladyfair

Okay... so now its sorta official....a little birdie sang...... the theme for this year's "DAY OF WRONG"......(for those who wish to)

Is 40 years of Retro..... dress/ outfits from the 40's thru the 80's which can be anything from grass skirts to punk rock...disco... big band...poodle skirts...old army gear...
Lady Penny Clan Sutcliff - MI Chieftess
2013 Penny family Gathering Sept 7-8
Ren Vet
IWG Wench #3523

maelstrom0370

Quote from: Ladyfair on July 10, 2008, 08:28:48 PM
Okay... so now its sorta official....a little birdie sang...... the theme for this year's "DAY OF WRONG"......(for those who wish to)

Is 40 years of Retro..... dress/ outfits from the 40's thru the 80's which can be anything from grass skirts to punk rock...disco... big band...poodle skirts...old army gear...

Sweet!!! Methinks I still have me parachute pants layin' around somewheres!!

Captain Cornelius Howard Duckman

Anyone have a poodle I can put on my kilt?

nliedel

"What's the day of wrong?" the innocent new cast member asked her director.

He scowled. "It does not exist for you."

"Got it."

LOL!!

L Dale Walter

Quote"What's the day of wrong?" the innocent new cast member asked her director.

He scowled. "It does not exist for you."
More realistically, he (I am betting I know who HE is here) should have said "You're cast.  That's everyday for you.  Now take your 1/2 a foodbook and get back into that salt mine!" <g>

So retro huh?  What day is the day of wrong?  Might be funny just to watch.  Or maybe a certain Court guy I know would loan me his JP costume, complete with shock white wig and brim.  Now me as JP, THAT would be wrong!  (I am much too tall, and I don't rent Mustangs...)

For those of you that none of this makes any sense to, don't sweat it.  For those that just fell off their chairs, you are welcome...

Teach me to post just before a workout when I just downed a handful of RPM (it's a workout stimulant, and man it WORKS!!!).

Yoinks, and AWAY!

LDW