News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

arizona

Started by Francisco Paula, December 09, 2010, 12:23:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Francisco Paula

Is anyone going to the arizona faire over presidents weekend. i find myself with a 4 day weekend cause of cuts at work.

Gauwyn of Bracknell

Check with the Baron and Baroness, I believe they are going.  We will not make it this year as m'lady has suffered the wrath of the economic woes of the Kingdom.

Great faire!!
Born 500 years late

Gauwyn of Bracknell

Norfolk

As my Lord of Bracknell has indicated, the Baroness and I plan to make our (more or less) annual pilgrimage to Fairhaven during the President's Day weekend this year.  We find that it is a great way to start the festival season, especially since it's usually in the 60's or 70's there while still in the 30's here.  It's a thoroughly enjoyable festival, with an extremely welcoming cast and even more welcoming playtrons.  Highly recommended!

Just call me "Your Grace"

Zoë

We've decided to go to Scarborough next spring instead of Arizona as we've done in years past.
Capitaine Zoë D'Arcachon
Elizabeth Covington
Fritzie the Fairy

Norfolk

The Baroness and I have attended Scarby a half-dozen times or so, and have made good friends there.  It's one of our very favorites, very similar to Colorado in mood, only flat.  One gets the impression that a higher proportion of Scarby's patrons come in garb than any other festival we've attended. 

Watch the weather closely before you go, Dear Zoe.  We've seen everything from snow to mid-90's with high humidity during their run. 
Just call me "Your Grace"

Zoë

Indeed, I've heard such horror stories about the weather there. I believe we are planning on going as early in the season as we can to avoid the intense heat and humidity. I could go for some snow on a faire day, I don't believe I've ever experienced that. Would be a good excuse to wear the warm garb I have! I would much prefer snow to heat and humidity at faire--when I am playtroning it, anyway.
Capitaine Zoë D'Arcachon
Elizabeth Covington
Fritzie the Fairy