News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

What Ren-related gifts did Santa bring you?

Started by Lady Renee Buchanan, December 25, 2010, 09:27:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lady Renee Buchanan

Steve got a tee shirt that I bought him at the MN RF when I went in Sept.  The front says "Got kilt?" and the back says "It's only a skirt if I wear something underneath it."

I received 2 necklaces that I can wear to faire, plus a beautiful pair of blue & black gloves that I can wear to faire during the colder days in Sept./Oct.  But they are so beautiful that I'm going to wear them for regular wear as well. Plus 2 pair of over the knee striped socks (red/black & red/white), so I will be a stylin' pirate at faire this summer!

Our older son couldn't get home for Christmas, so he is coming the second week of January, when we will have another Christmas.  We already know our presents from him.  He will buy Steve & I our Friends of Faire membership to Bristol for this coming summer.

And this isn't faire.  But it came about because of my love for faire.  Our youngest son bought us tickets to see River Dance when it comes to Dubuque.
A real Surf Diva
Landshark who loves water
Chieftesse Surf'n Penny of Clan O'Siodhachain,
Irish Penny Brigade
Giver of Big Hugs 
Member since the beginning of RF
All will be well. St. Julian of Norwich

dbaldock

As soon as they were available this Fall, I purchased two RenBabes Calendars.  They were produced by some ladies who are, or have been, on cast at Texas Renaissance Festival, and photographed by Valt (here on the Forums).  Both of them were autographed by as many of the ladies as I could track down at TRF, and one was sent to Forum Member Delireus as part of the Mid-Winter Gift Exchange.  I'm keeping the other one, as my Christmas Gift to me!  ;)  ;D

Take Care,
David Baldock
Great minds discuss ideas, average minds discuss events, small minds discuss people... -anonymous

Tink

Other than the great Celtic CD, beautiful jewelry, and R/F pin Lady Everclear sent me for Mid-Winter Exchange, I got some faery stuff, and my husband modified a pair of boots for me- added grommets so the backs would lace up, and added some celtic metal work (they came out AWESOME!!!)

ETA: Had second round of Christmas today (with my family- before was with the in-laws), and got the complete series of the Tudors on DVD and book about the Kings and Queens of England  :D  I wonder what I'll get for my birthday....
There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio,
Than are dreamt of in your philosophy. - W. Shakespeare

Lady Rebecca

Not ren stuff, but sewing stuff - I got an adjustable dress form and a pair of Ginghers.

And I gave a family gift of a handheld marshmallow catapult. :)

crashbot

Anyone who has the power to make you believe absurdities has the power to make you commit injustices. - Voltaire

Bonny Pearl

A new outfit from Ravenswood!  *Doing the HAPPY HAPPY DANCE!*
Gypsy Wanderer
Kingdom of Onondaga
Order of the Hatchet
Landshark No.88

Bob of the Lake

Advance discount tickets to NYRF!! Now I have to wait for 8 months.  :(
I came, I saw, I skipped to my lou.
            - Hammy the Squirrel

Zardoz

Quote from: Bonny Pearl on December 26, 2010, 09:38:52 AM
A new outfit from Ravenswood!  *Doing the HAPPY HAPPY DANCE!*

Photos or it didn't happen! ;)
"Pants are for guys with ugly legs"
Member of Clan McLotofus,
IBRSC# 1619,
As seen in Renaissance Magazine

irish

I got two 'advance sale' tickets for faire! Yeaaaaaaaa me!!  ;D
irish~ren ~
Cruise Director ~
Clan O'Doinn (Sterling) ~
Irish Penny Brigade (New York)

Cap'n Hunnar Graybeard

My wife got me a Captains Coat I've been wanting for a while hand-made by Niki at Dreams2Seams.
IPB Clan Chieftain - Clan Williams (Kansas)
Crew of The Bayou Scoundrel
Landshark #58

Celtic Lady

I didn't get any ren-related items myself but Sir Morgan got a new pair of kilt socks and a custom leather helmet.

a very surprised Poohby by miz_greeneyed_dragon, on Flickr

Morgan in his new helmet by miz_greeneyed_dragon, on Flickr

PC270004 by miz_greeneyed_dragon, on Flickr
My mom made him a pillow out of the bodice of my wedding dress. This was her gift to him.

Xantrawler

I got the wife and I the renewal of vows tickets for Sterling (It's our 20th) and when our cat Rohan found out she got us each a one day pass so we can spend the entire weekend at faire. We have such a sweet kitty.

Athena

Beautiful helmet, Celtic Lady!

I didn't get anything directly ren related, just gift cards to Jo Ann and Hobby Lobby. They're burning a hole in my pocket!  ;D
A book is like a garden carried in the pocket. ~ Chinese Proverb

Delireus

Quote from: dbaldock on December 25, 2010, 09:52:03 PM
As soon as they were available this Fall, I purchased two RenBabes Calendars.  They were produced by some ladies who are, or have been, on cast at Texas Renaissance Festival, and photographed by Valt (here on the Forums).  Both of them were autographed by as many of the ladies as I could track down at TRF, and one was sent to Forum Member Delireus as part of the Mid-Winter Gift Exchange.  I'm keeping the other one, as my Christmas Gift to me!  ;)  ;D

Which I love and am using to plan out dates and possible trips to the Norman Medieval Faire in Oklahoma this season!

I got a new mug clip, it's black leather with a gold tone mini lions head door knocker looking thing on it. I also got my new Excalibur Leathers tall tudor hat (which my parents bought at TRF, let me wear at faire but then wrapped for Christmas), a new bodice from Damsel in this Dress, and a pair of little gold celtic earrings. My boyfriend got me sleeves to go with a pirate coat from DitD as well, but gave those to me months ago. I had a very faire Christmas ;D
- Shanon (with just 1 N)

Home is where
the faire is