News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

2011 MS-150

Started by Tink, January 22, 2011, 03:03:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tink

mmmmmmm cookies!  *nom*
There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio,
Than are dreamt of in your philosophy. - W. Shakespeare

Tink

If my hubby is willing to wear wings, I wonder if a higher donation amount would get him into a tu-tu...  (that would be awesome)

Merlin the Elder

uuuhhhhh.... How much do you want?  Does hubby know you are out to publicly humiliate him?  He IS trying to do a good thing here...  ;)
Living life in the slow lane
ROoL #116; the Jack of Daniels; AARP #7; SS# 000-00-0013
I've upped my standards. Now, up yours.
...and may all your babies be born naked...

Lady Kett

Quote from: Tink on January 23, 2011, 06:00:39 PM
If my hubby is willing to wear wings, I wonder if a higher donation amount would get him into a tu-tu...  (that would be awesome)

Sign me up  ;)

It takes a special sort of person to not only do-good, but to be silly in the doing of it. <3 silly :)

Tink

Merlin- perhaps I should check with him  LOL  I think he'd be willing to wear one (or maybe I'm just being hopeful LOL)

Tink

Lady Kett - he is great at doing both goofy and good :)

Pan

ewww  a tutu may be taking it a little tooooo far for me... but as this is to help the fight against MS, I am not saying no.

Now, we are still only half way to the FIRST goal of 200 to get me in the fairy wings, so you all may be getting a tad ahead of yourselves. BUT if you all REALLY want to see me ride in a tutu as well, its not going to be easy. . . your going to need to rally support and funds totaling 700 dollars. That's an additional 500 to get me in the tutu. And I suspect that to hit that kind of number, you all will need to spread the word a bit outside of this forum.

To give you a mental image here of what this will look like, Cycling clothes are already skin tight and I am not skinny. Now add a tutu and fairy wings to the outfit. . . it's not a pretty picture.

just remember to make sure anyone who donates for this challenge puts "fairy wings" in the personal notes.

-Pan

Tink

LOL  I just got a hilarious mental image...

Hey, does anyone know why Pan's coming up as a guest now instead of a newbie?

Merlin the Elder

Quote from: Tink on January 24, 2011, 06:11:04 PM

Maybe the administrators got a mental image of him in a tutu and wings, too... It is rather frightening!  ;D

I tease you both, but this is a fantastic thing he's doing. My best friend's mum has been living with MS pretty much since I've know them, and I met them in 1958. She's still hanging in there, but life's been a struggle for her at times.

Lady Kett

Quote from: Tink on January 24, 2011, 06:11:04 PM

Hrm, did he log in from somewhere other than normal where the login is "remembered", and ended up as a guest with his name?

But regardless, lets get to the first goal, and then tackle the next! I'd be willing to up the ante! :)

Tink

I have no idea what he did, though I was wondering that myself.  Hopefully he'll get it figured out.

Once we get him winged, then reach the tu-tu phase, maybe we can talk him into... um... I dunno', but something....  LOL  I'm having way too much fun with this.

Let me take a serious moment, though, to thank everyone who is being so supportive of such a great cause!

pan

Not sure what happened, I had to recreate my account...  BUT I'M BACK ! and the total remains at 95.00 dollars in donations for the fairy wings ! I will keep the updates coming.

Celtic Lady

How goes the donation campaign? I really hope more of our fellow ren friends get involved with the donations. It would be great to see the pics of you in your fairy wings  ;). More importantly it would be awesome knowing that they are helping to find a CURE for this LIFE ALTERING conditon known as MULTIPLE SCLEROSIS.

Merlin the Elder

Realizing that not everyone is "flush" these days, but those that have a little extra, even if it's only $5, please make a donation.

I'll tell you what. I want to see Pan in wings (I'd love to see the tutu, too  ;) )  For the contributors of the next $50 toward the wings, I will match.  (Pan & Tink, you'll need to let me know). And if we get that close, I'll even throw in the last $5.  The ball is in your court.

Celtic Lady

Huzzah, Merlin.
I understand with not having alot of extra cash about but if there is extra lying about this is a great cause to contribute to. In my past experiences I've found that even if it's pocket change that was donated something good always came from it.