News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

2011 MS-150

Started by Tink, January 22, 2011, 03:03:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tink

Hello all! 

My husband is raising money for this year's MS-150 and asked me if I would relay a message to all of the wonderful rennies on here.

Thanks!
Tink

I am participating in the 2011 BP MS-150, a two day bike ride from Houston to Austin to raise awareness and funds for the National Multiple Sclerosis Society. This year I wanted to do something new and unique to bring in additional support for the cause. . . so I put my thinking cap on.  After thinking real hard to come up with an unusual and creative solution, a light bulb went off and I have decided to reach out to my Renny Brethren for support. If members of this forum are able to find it in their hearts to support the fight against MS and make donations on my behalf that total 200 dollars or more, I WILL RIDE THE ENTIRE TWO DAY 150 MILE RIDE IN FAIRY WINGS ! So if you want to see the photo journey of a large man sporting fairy wings travel 150 miles by bicycle, use the link below to access my donations page and please be sure to put a comment in the "personal note" section stating "Fairy Wings" so that I know that your donation is to be included in the fair wings total.
https://secure3.convio.net/nmss/site/Donation2?idb=1065142150&df_id=32859&32859.donation=form1&FR_ID=15941&PROXY_ID=5891097&PROXY_TYPE=20

Thank you for your support
-Joshua Kuhlman (AKA Pan)

There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio,
Than are dreamt of in your philosophy. - W. Shakespeare

Merlin the Elder

You're on!  Pictures will be required.
Living life in the slow lane
ROoL #116; the Jack of Daniels; AARP #7; SS# 000-00-0013
I've upped my standards. Now, up yours.
...and may all your babies be born naked...

Lady Kett

Tink

My husband wanted me to let everyone know that y'all are awesome, and that y'all have already helped him raise $70!  He also assured me that there will be PLENTY of pictures!  (and I'll help make sure of that, myself!)  I have a suspicion that he secretly really wants to bike in wings, so I appreciate you all helping to make it happen!

Tink

Lady Kett

Yay! What's the deadline? Helpful for the procrastinating bunch and for reminder purposes LOL. :)

Merlin the Elder

Make sure to keep us posted on progress toward the goal...

Tink

The deadline for donations is mid May MARCH (sorry about that), and he will be sure and keep you all updated (through me, I assume LOL)

Pan

HI, everyone ! 

Yep, the donations will be due mid March so that I can have time to buy or make some wings before the ride in April ! I can't thank you enough for the support !

I will keep updates coming and if the total is reached, I will let you all pick the color and style of the wings. ... it just wouldn't be any fun if I am allowed to pick them out for myself.

Thanks again
-Joshua Kuhlman a.k.a. PAN ! ;D

Celtic Lady

Pan and Tink, I thank you for doing this event. People need to be made aware and educated about this life altering condition. I would never wish it on anyone.

So from me, my sister, and all of the others living with Multiple Sclerosis.... THANK YOU!

Pan

Quote from: Celtic Lady on January 23, 2011, 11:35:07 AM
Pan and Tink, I thank you for doing this event. People need to be made aware and educated about this life altering condition. I would never wish it on anyone.

So from me, my sister, and all of the others living with Multiple Sclerosis.... THANK YOU!

I am just glad I am able to do something to help ! For information about the National MS Society, how proceeds help or other ways you can do something to help families with MS, visit www.MakeYourMarkMS.org.  

As of this posting , the fairy wing fundraising challenge has brought in 95.00 dollars in donations ! That is almost half way to the goal in less than 24 hours !

Keep it up guys !

-Pan

Celtic Lady

I made my donation today but forgot to include "fairy wings" in the note.... silly me.

Merlin the Elder

That will be 2 demerits, or a batch of chocolate chip cookies...

Pan

Thats OK Celtic Lady, I realized you were from the forums and your donation was credited in the current 95.00 towards the Fairy Wings !

Pan

Tink

Merlin the Elder

Yes, Tink...when I'm not wizarding, I'm cookie monstering...