News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Fire in Franktown?

Started by Butch, March 24, 2011, 09:19:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Butch

How close are any of you locals to that fire going on right now?  Is everyone alright?

Norfolk

Franktown is a little village out on the high plains Southeast of Denver and Northeast of Colorado Springs.  Therefore, no factor for the vast majority of us.  Nonetheless, we very much appreciate your concern.

Any Larkspurshirians who ARE affected are welcome to pipe in here.
Just call me "Your Grace"

Adriana Rose

Thank goodness that it is under some sort of control!

Zoë

This IS going to be a very bad year for fires, though, something that we all will need to pay attention to in Larkspurshire this summer. The area up there is very dry, and let's be frank, the festival site is a timber box. So let us all hope that future fires will not be a worry this summer--for us or anybody else.
Capitaine Zoë D'Arcachon
Elizabeth Covington
Fritzie the Fairy

Merlin the Elder

It always amazes me how people will toss their cigarettes out the window knowing that it can start a fire. I've quit now, but when I was a smoker I NEVER tossed a cigarette. People, let's keep that in mind!
Living life in the slow lane
ROoL #116; the Jack of Daniels; AARP #7; SS# 000-00-0013
I've upped my standards. Now, up yours.
...and may all your babies be born naked...

Adriana Rose

It is going to be a bad summer for fire. I hate to say that I hope we have a fairly wet summer during the week of course ;D

Blushing

There's been more than half a dozen fires in the past week in and about Colorado Springs, about 30-40 miles south of faire.

Yes, it will be a scary fire season.
~All human activity lies within the artist's scope~

Tanda

I'll send snow! We've got plenty!
o/` I'm a little teapot...o/` No, I'm not, that would be silly. ::)

Zoë

The average for large fires in the state in the month of March is 3. We've already had 26. So keep on your toes and hope that we might yet still have some good spring rain.
Capitaine Zoë D'Arcachon
Elizabeth Covington
Fritzie the Fairy