News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

A little help

Started by crazyrennie, April 05, 2011, 09:47:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

crazyrennie

Greetings all!
My fiancee and I are going to be going to Scarby for our honeymoon-
so I have a couple of questions if anyone could help.

First what shows do we need to watch?
Are there any good hotels nearby?

Thanks
CrazyRennie

Your Grace

1st congrats on the wedding!
You must go and see Don Juan and Miguel also cast in bronze.
1st Duke of Somerset

DonaCatalina

It seems that the Super 8 is the rennie party hotel. It is where Teach & Trinn always stay. I can't personally vouch for them though.

Which weekend will you be attending? Some very special acts will only be there one weekend,
like David Arkenstone.
Aurum peccamenes multifariam texit
Marquesa de Trives
Portrait Goddess

crazyrennie

We will be there May 7 and 8 (sorry don't know what weekend that is)

Funny enough-Here at the AZ ren fair Don Juan_Jose and Cast in Bronze share a stage
and that is the stage I proposed on-
Tis good to be stage crew

Crazy 

DonaCatalina

Well that is Renaissance Romance weekend, appropriately enough.

Aerial Angels, May 7 & 8 - A high-flying show featuring acrobatics, fire-eating,  trapeze and aerial fabric. 
The Globe Theater was rebuilt partially with their high wire act in mind. Don't miss this show. ;D
Aurum peccamenes multifariam texit
Marquesa de Trives
Portrait Goddess

Ryk Rakham

Book well ahead if you are going to stay at Super 8. We waited too long to book for opening and it's overbooked. We are staying at America's Best Value, it's inexpensive and not too shabby, clean and has microwave/fridge/blowdryer and is as close as Super 8. Lots of rennies stay there and it's only 5  minutes to faire.
Ryk Rakham, scourge of the Red River
Rhyk Dragonfang

Jezz the Belle, scourge of the scourge
Lady Sherry

raevyncait

Super8 does tend to be full of rennies during Scarby. The management has always been good to us, accomodating our needs for handicapped rooms, etc.

One show not to be missed (as to my knowledge, it's not available at any other festivals) is Queen Anne's Lace
Raevyn
IWG 3450
The ORIGINAL Pipe Wench
Wench @ Large #2
Resident Scottish Gypsy
Royal Aromatherapist

*Teach*

I won't stay at Super 8.

The Lovely Lady Trinn and I stay here:
Days Inn Red Oak
202 S. I-35
Red Oak Tx 75154
phone- 9726173501

Good price at only 45 a night, good service. Haven't had a problem there yet.

*Sitting by the pool drinking rum all night is kind of nice there*
*Got more Rum?* "Here, Try This!"
http://forums.wearephoenixrisen.com

ravic

I second Teach on the Days Inn Red Oak.

Gauwyn of Bracknell

Quote from: crazyrennie on April 05, 2011, 09:47:16 AM
Greetings all!
My fiancee and I are going to be going to Scarby for our honeymoon-
so I have a couple of questions if anyone could help.

First what shows do we need to watch?
Are there any good hotels nearby?

Thanks
CrazyRennie

If you got a chance to see Wine and Alchemy at your faire last year, they are at Scarby (one of my favorite acts).
I always like to see the German Brothers (or twins, whichever they are there).
The bakery is quite good.
The customs and manners presentationa are always good and interesting.

We are going in April, so will not see you.  Missed you this year in Arizona, but we will be going next year.
Congrats!!
Born 500 years late

Gauwyn of Bracknell

jhighlander42

I would recommend the Chess Match and Sholo the Nubian. Don Juan and Miguel is also a must-see, but that has already been posted.

Here's the link to the Scarborough schedule - http://www.srfestival.com/daily-schedule/fun/daily-schedule.html

Enjoy, and congrats!
Corporal Alice Darcy of the Royal Guard, Scarborough Renaissance Fair

Merlin

Fire Whip guy

Motley Players III if you like improve

Anál nathrach- Breath of serpent
Orth' bháis 's bethad- Spell of death and of life
Do chél dénmha- Thy omen of making

LadyStitch

I will second  Adam Crack because he won the World Championchip this past December.  ;D
It is kind of strange watching your personal history become costume.

Merlin the Elder

Sholo's act at the White Horse and Wine & Alchemy.  By the way, condolences on your doom congratulations on your marriage!

We stayed at Red Oak a while back (it was a Holiday Inn at that time, I think), and it was quite comfortable and nice. Red Oak is a few minutes further away, but not that much. We've also stayed in DeSoto, about 20-25 minutes away.

Holiday Inn and Hampton Inn are a bit pricey, but it also varies. We're trying out the new Comfort Suites this coming weekend.
Living life in the slow lane
ROoL #116; the Jack of Daniels; AARP #7; SS# 000-00-0013
I've upped my standards. Now, up yours.
...and may all your babies be born naked...

Lady Cassandra

Crazyrennie-

Grats on your wedding and good choice in celebrating at Scraby!  I have already made my list of the shows I want to see this season, so I will share the ones that I marked as must see for me:
Wine & Alchemy (good music and eye candy)
Sloanwolf (formerly Rogues- good celtic/bagpipe music...and some eye candy)
Pub Sing @ The Sea Hag- the last time I went (2009) was the first time I made it to a pub sing and it was fun!
Zilch the Tory Steller- it's just fun
Ok- if you don't get offended easy and enjoy fun at others expense Christophe the Inslutor is great!  Iris & Rose...not for kids! But, I'm going to make a BIG assumption that as you are of the age to get married, you aren't a kid  ;D ;D. The German Twins- their show is fun, but it is also fun to run into them on the streets.

This year I am going to try to make it to some shows I haven't before- the fire whip show, Sholo, & Marshal Laww.

I think no matter what you choose to do you will have fun :)