News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Where are you staying?

Started by Merlin, September 19, 2010, 04:18:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rani Zemirah

NOOOOO!!! 

I'll cry... I will.  Just so you know...  :'(
Rani - Fire Goddess

Aut disce... aut discede

Strange

For the last several years, I have stayed at the Super 8 in Spring, TX on Friday night.
It is easy to get in and out of, and normally pretty quiet.
Rooms are pretty standard, decently clean, and I have never not been able to get a room just showing up, even @ 11pm.
I generally ask for 2 beds so I can use the 2nd to lay out my garb, and I can almost always get that.
There are plenty of grocery, liquor, and other stores nearby, as well as a nice pub next door.
That way I can walk over, have a couple of drinks and some food, then walk back to the room and crash before getting up for Faire Saturday.
Normally runs 60 bucks.

Only real downsides:
No elevator, so there might be some stair climbing with multiple suitcases involved.
Also, just a bit farther than The Woodlands, but it's almost all highway.

Of course, Saturday night is "camping" on site.

Not sure how the construction will impact that plan.
I'll have to see how things go opening weekend and possibly make adjustments.

Rani Zemirah

Oh, but Friday night camping is awesome!!!  There's more time to wander around and see everyone, and meet lots of new people... and the Loki is flowing freely!  :D 
Rani - Fire Goddess

Aut disce... aut discede

Strange

I might give Friday night a go a few times this year if the weather is agreeable.
Maybe do some reverse ToT on AHE weekend...
It really depends on my work schedule, since I have to drive down from Southlake, TX on Friday nights after I get done.
If they give me some time off I can get down there during daylight and get situated.

Also, hopefully by then I'll have met some of you fine folks and won't just stumble around like a total noob.
Liquor is a great social tool, but liquor + introductions is better.

ravic

Or you could ask them to come by the masque shop so that you could imprint their faces. It's not like they aren't right there at the Pub. That way when you are stumbling around the camps, you'll have some ideas as to who to look for.

Rani Zemirah

Hey... I have to drive 500 miles!!!  :P 
Rani - Fire Goddess

Aut disce... aut discede