News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

The Officially Unoffical Photo Thread for 2011

Started by Celtic Rune Stones, June 12, 2011, 11:15:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LadyAriella

Quote from: Merlin the Elder on June 27, 2011, 06:54:18 PM
How will anyone be able to tell I'm a wizard if I'm naked?  104° ?!? 

Wish this forum had a "like" button, this about killed me.

Merlin

Oh dear God.... DAD... NO !  Bad dad ! BAD DAD!

Remember what happened to me at Scarborough Faire on what was supposed to be the end of the world? Yea... I disrobed and proudly walked down the lane professing my love to Cat Woman from the original Batman series.... and ended up in the jail with a guy named "Bubba" (we are still facebook friends)

I digress..... 104  ! ! ! ! !  What in the capital F !

Hellooooooo.. it's Colorado !

I've been checking weather.com and it's supposed to be 58 - 88 .... they said nothing about 104 !
Regimental it is ! Makes packing easier.
Anál nathrach- Breath of serpent
Orth' bháis 's bethad- Spell of death and of life
Do chél dénmha- Thy omen of making

CapnJack

104?  Good grief, I didn't even know!  Honestly, it really only felt like it was in the 90's... but "only in the 90's" is a sad commentary in and of itself, heh.  Anyway, I wouldn't say it's likely to be that hot, but you never know.  That is honestly fairly rare though.  Anyhow, great new shots!  Thanks mates!
"I've been through some terrible things in my life.  Some of which have actually happened."

-Mark Twain

Merlin the Elder

I think we'll be okay, son.  Their 100° is a lot different than ours. Anything below 90 sounds good to me after this month...third hottest June on record for Arkansas and a few other states...
Living life in the slow lane
ROoL #116; the Jack of Daniels; AARP #7; SS# 000-00-0013
I've upped my standards. Now, up yours.
...and may all your babies be born naked...

Capt Gabriela Fullpepper

Actually it was NOT 104 in Larkspurshire. There was a nice breeze Saturday afternoon that did drop it down. I do know for a fact that at about 5:30 when Toki and I lkeft the temp guage in the X-Terra said 93. In colorado the hottest part of the day is between 3 and 4 typically. Temps will show higher in Cities as there is more concret, asphalt and glass which obsorbs the heat and keeps it kind of like a rock which is why snakes like to sun on them in the latter part of the day as they avoid the heat during the high point of the sun.

This weekend is saying to be 90. But in Colorado we NEVER trust the weather. And while the weekend was hot, that was a cake walk compared to mid July last year. The key is ALWAYS to NOT drink so much alcohol and to drink plenty of water, lemonade, tea and even go tot he car and get gatorade. Pickle juice as long as you drink alot of water is also good. But pickle juice alone is NOT good. Combines with the water it is good.
"The Metal Maiden"
To be nobody but yourself in a world which is doing its best, night and day, to make you everybody e

Adriana Rose

I've heard low to mid 90s but like people have said it is Colorado the weather is rather bi polar. But when its hot there is a plus its a DRY heat so you wont stick to everyone that you hug or touch.

Zoë

The sun also gets people more than they'd expect. Only a couple minutes in direct sunlight on a 90+ day and most people are in trouble even if they don't feel it directly like in a humid heat.
Capitaine Zoë D'Arcachon
Elizabeth Covington
Fritzie the Fairy

LadyAriella

Quote from: Lady de Laney on June 27, 2011, 08:59:47 PM
Actually it was NOT 104 in Larkspurshire.

I'm simply quoting what the Lord High Sheriff's thermometer said at his camp. I know it was the first day I've ever actually had puddles inside of my boots by closing cannon, ugh.

Zoë

Was the thermometer in the sun? That could have done it. Official temps are always taken in the shade.
Capitaine Zoë D'Arcachon
Elizabeth Covington
Fritzie the Fairy

The Professor

Temperature inside my van, well out of the sun, and quite well-ventilated, read 104 degrees Sunday afternoon.

I'm almost functional now.

Croak.
"People?  YOU DIDN'T TELL ME THERE'D BE PEOPLE!"

Norfolk

Relax folks!  Prog for this weekend is mid to high 80's.  Should be just about perfect .... except for the nobility, of course.
Just call me "Your Grace"

Ms Trish

Quote from: Baron on June 28, 2011, 09:40:30 AM
Relax folks!  Prog for this weekend is mid to high 80's.  Should be just about perfect .... except for the nobility, of course.

Except for the nobility? Because you exceed perfect? :)
If you're not having fun, you're not doing it right!

LadyAriella

Quote from: Zoë on June 28, 2011, 12:46:51 AM
Was the thermometer in the sun? That could have done it. Official temps are always taken in the shade.

Yes, in the shade under his awning thing. I am so glad I'm not on court, Baron! I'm hot enough in all cottons and linens.

Adriana Rose

Ick that explains why I felt like road kill yesterday

Zoë

And why all the beverage places did such extraordinary business on Sunday.
Capitaine Zoë D'Arcachon
Elizabeth Covington
Fritzie the Fairy