News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Countdown!

Started by Tamtaro, July 14, 2011, 10:17:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Butch

Has anyone purchased their SEASON PASSES yet?

Tamtaro

Quote from: Butch on August 03, 2011, 08:53:23 AM
Has anyone purchased their SEASON PASSES yet?
YES!!! I'm checking my mailbox everyday!  I even wear my medallion to work the day after it arrives (they all know I'm cuckoo for cocoa puffs).  My department is going to have to rent a bus or caravan - so many co-workers now want to go too!  My boss even bought a kilt :o ;D

Delireus

Eeee, I'm so excited! I may even be going to the mini faire again! I know I said I might be busy, but things are changing.
- Shanon (with just 1 N)

Home is where
the faire is

kcdcchef

bring on the fall weather and the KCRF!!!!!

Tamtaro

Quote from: kcdcchef on August 03, 2011, 09:59:13 PM
bring on the fall weather and the KCRF!!!!!
Amen and Huzzah!
(I'm hungry - I originally read, "bring on the KFC!" :P)

kcdcchef

KFC, umm, NO!!! if i am anywhere NEAR kc, i am hitting up strouds, not kfc!

Butch

Strouds isn't near as good since they moved it off from Troost.  I've only been there once since the move, and am so disappointed that I will not be back.  Go to Jack Stack in Martin City!!!! 

kcdcchef

negative. oak ridge manor strouds has been in the same spot for 50 years and is just as good as it always was. AMAZING CHICKEN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Tamtaro

Actually, I think if I eat anywhere outside of Canterbury (or that QT station right outside of the park - ha!) it will be for some famous KC Barbeque!
P.S. 28 days!!!!! ;D

Butch

Hey, bro!  I specified the one on Troost!  Never been to the one up North.  The Troost one moved to Shawnee Mission, and isn't as good.
But, based on your recommendation, I'll give Stroud's one last try, but at the Northern (Oak Ridge Manor) location.  Thanks for the glimmer of hope!

kcdcchef

Quote from: Butch on August 05, 2011, 08:10:12 PM
Hey, bro!  I specified the one on Troost!  Never been to the one up North.  The Troost one moved to Shawnee Mission, and isn't as good.
But, based on your recommendation, I'll give Stroud's one last try, but at the Northern (Oak Ridge Manor) location.  Thanks for the glimmer of hope!

yeah, havent tried the new one in KansASS. and since I hate kansas with a passion beyond Canterbury, cannot see myself ever going! my wife and i had one of our first dates at the old south locale. but yes, try oak ridge. been the same forever. i always thought it was superior to the south one back in the day, actually!!!! so give it a shot.

Tamtaro, yes, agreed. good ole kc barbecue. but there is something to be said for the fountain sodas at the QT! vanilla diet dp, mmmmmmmmmmmm!~

TKM

i see how it is, mr. KANSAS City Missouri. Maybe my state will just take its city's name back, then...

kcdcchef

umm, yeah, perhaps you need a history lesson TKM. see where the name kansas came from, a place called the town of kansas, that was, in, umm, yeah, MISSOURI!!!!!!!!!!

we've been over this before. nothing personal dude. the state tends to leech a tad off the MO side. if you don't believe me, look at all the companies that move to joco and wyco, they all come from KCMO and all come thanks to tax breaks. that is creating blight and ghetto on the KCMO side, and ain't right. luckily the new mayor of KCMO has been fighting back, i just hope he can keep AMC from jumping ship!

TKM

ha you can keep AMC. i love the cinemark in merriam just fine. but either way, yeah. sounds to me like you just hate kansas for lowering taxes. just because nearby business jump an the most opportunistic bandwagon, doesnt really seem right to criticize one state so highly over its finances like that. but i dunno.

Delireus

I'm originally from Texas and my friends give me crap all the time for it  ;D Like the first time I heard my friends say 'pop', like "Want a can of pop?" I had no idea they said that in Kansas, I thought it was a really northern thing! We call it coke down here, no matter what it is (aside from fruit sodas I guess)

"Would you like a coke?"
"Sure, what do you have?"
"We've got Dr. Pepper, Pepsi, Sprite, and...Coke"

My Kansas friends had a hissy over this, but if you think about it, Band Aid and Kleenex are both brand names, but a lot of people ask for or offer these to people even if they are not the exact brand! That's my defense, anyways.

Anywho, I'm constantly on the look out for "my state's better than yours" for them as well9as are my friends) . I tried finding chocolate chocolate chip muffins but all they had were vanilla and chocolate chip ones at 2 different walmarts in Kansas, but the second I go to an HEB in Texas, they had them! Score :P

But no matter where you are, KCRF is so close! (I mean as in it will be open soon, it's not very close for me ATM as I'm in Houston) so get ready guys!
- Shanon (with just 1 N)

Home is where
the faire is