News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

New/Old Sewing Machine.

Started by Master James, July 25, 2011, 10:45:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Master James

I got a new/old sewing machine via a friend that picked it up on freecycle.com  It's an old Kenmoore but it has all the bells and whistles.  Has a monogramming attachment and a ton of fancy stitch cams as well as a really nice button holer.  Also came in a really nice cabinet.  After opening it up and cleaning a lot and oiling it down pretty well, she is working great!  Had a bit of a problem with the needle alignment but got that resolved after a bent needle as well.  Did my first sewing on it last night and it works like a champ!  Still have to do some fine adjustments like on pressure on the pressure foot as the top fabric is being pulled a bit but other than that, its great!  Glad to finally get off of my portable as having the actual cabinet is far better and there is something wrong with my portable even though the wife did a bunch of checking on it, it still bunches thread.  It works for a while and then starts bunching again.  I think I need to have it looked at as I love that machine but the thread bunching was a problem and I have some projects to do and now I can do them with my new machine!   ;D
Why can't reality be more like faire?
Clan M'Crack
RenVet
Royal Order of Landsharks #59
FoMDRF
RFC #51

Lady Gryphon

I own a 45 year old Kenmore  that could  be either portable or placed in a cabinet. I love it to death.  Can't beat the ALL metal body and they are easy to adjust yourself if you feel like tweeking them.  I need a piece for mine but it works great.

Glad to hear you got a new machine.  you'll love it
Why do I feel like I've worn something like this before?

Master James

Yeah the wife has one that is as old as mine if not older and she loves it too.  She FINALLY replaced the motor in it 2 years ago.  Other than that, its been running just fine for 50+ years.
Why can't reality be more like faire?
Clan M'Crack
RenVet
Royal Order of Landsharks #59
FoMDRF
RFC #51