News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Parking and Passes

Started by Random Girl, August 17, 2011, 11:49:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

groomporter

It worked just fine in my experience this weekend. I'm just worried about getting in/out of it if we have some long heavy rains.
When you die can you donate your body to pseudo-science?

MissBubu

Quote from: William_MacKean on August 21, 2011, 09:13:28 PM
The walk from the parking area is a bit precarious as you near campground, but it was not a completely bad situation.

Anyone take the shuttle?  Probably not the campground users.

I only used the shuttle once, and that was from C-gate to the parking lot on Sunday to get my vehicle. I had no problems with dropping things off in the campground and on site on Friday night, and no problems on Sunday getting back into the campground from the parking lot, or from the campground up to site to pick up things and people there. It wasn't that bad of a walk from the parking lot to the campground on either Friday night or Saturday night.

saphire_glade

Acutally it was pretty nice in the light. I got down to site near 11pm, and I did get a little confused in a few spots, but it was dark and I can get lost in my backyard. Took a bit to find the road to the campground, but I made it there pretty easily. My little car only nearly bottomed out once *I drive a mini mini van* It was a quick flat walk, it was lit well enough by the moon, and people keep their cars in a mostly straight line with ample space. I was pretty happy with it.
Bubbles are pure magic... if you don't believe me watch any man, woman, or child chase a bubble down the road.

auntiegiggles

I didn't mind the parking situation either.  Saturday the bus situation was horrible.  15-20 minute wait for the bus.  But Sunday was much improved with the buses only about 5 minutes behind each other.  I may need to find a place to change before getting on the bus in the future.  The aisles are exactly hoop skirt friendly.   :D
Everything goes better with giggles

groomporter

I think I'll buy an extra bag of cat litter to put in the van in case the participant parking at fest gets too muddy. I also sent this to MAF as a suggestion:

In case we have heavy rains during the run and things get muddy I'm wondering if it might help to get 4 or 6 55-gallon barrels of sand/fine gravel with some cheap buckets in them and station them around the new parking area for traction if participants start getting stuck

Charlotte Rowan

I thought it was fine, too. A bit of a CF Saturday morning with traffic backed up to 41 when I arrived, but in general it worked out.

A friend of mine did email the powers that be, however, and suggested that it might be safer if they removed the "Form Two Lanes" sign when they are letting people enter off of Hwy 41! :D
Masquerading as a normal person day after day is exhausting.

Tarac

So that means I better keep my tow strap hooked up on the wet weekends on my truck.
Scotch the only way to go

Kiss-me-Kate

Yes, Tarac.  My little Oldsmobile (Betsy) would appreciate it.    :-*

Oh, and GP thanks for mentioning kitty litter.  It reminded me to pick up a jug for my trunk.  It is better for traction than swear words.
~ Notouchin' M'Crack
Pucker Up!

groomporter

Although sand would probably be better since cat litter is usually clay based once it disolves it's not gonna do much.

NugBlazer

Well, now that the first weekend is over, I must say that the situation is no biggie.  I have yet to use the shuttle -- I find it much easier to walk.  Several times, I saw large groups waiting for the shuttle.  I just walked and was inside the gates before the shuttle had even showed up to pick up those folks.  In total that walking time, even from the farthest parking space, is less than five minutes.  From the shuttle pick up it's about three minutes.

Huzzah!  :D
Well met!  Shall we commence a Safety Meeting at once?