News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

New food?

Started by groomporter, August 29, 2011, 10:41:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

groomporter

Heard a rumor the popover booth now has a version with something like a shepherd's pie filling??

-And that there's a new Oriental food booth including potstickers/dumplings?
When you die can you donate your body to pseudo-science?

Marietta Graziella

Don't know about the popovers but there is a Chinese/Indian booth (right next to the sweet potatoe fries!!!). They have a chicken curry that was ok at Dress Press but the egg rolls and potstickers look pretty good. They are independent.
Nothing clever to say here.  Not enough caffine yet.

auntiegiggles

Quote from: groomporter on August 29, 2011, 10:41:17 AM
Heard a rumor the popover booth now has a version with something like a shepherd's pie filling??

-And that there's a new Oriental food booth including potstickers/dumplings?

Yes there is a new popover with a Shepard pie filling and the oriental booth is in the same lane and down a few booths from the popovers.

They also have a gator/shrimp booth down by the ladies of the lake store front (across from the queen's pub)
Everything goes better with giggles

Ms Trish

Quote from: Marietta Graziella on August 29, 2011, 11:08:47 AM
Don't know about the popovers but there is a Chinese/Indian booth (right next to the sweet potatoe fries!!!). They have a chicken curry that was ok at Dress Press but the egg rolls and potstickers look pretty good. They are independent.

I tried an eggroll. Not saying you shouldn't give it a whirl, but the idea of it seemed a lot better then what I ended up eating. I'll still endorse the sweet potato fries though! (Opening day they weren't quite as crispy as they should have been but this last weekend they were good!)
If you're not having fun, you're not doing it right!

Mairte

I agree. I love the sweet potato fries! The popover with shepherd pie filling isnt bad either.

drow

the cream cheese wontons are good at ChinDian, and the potstickers are pretty good.
other items seem to have suffered more in the translation from restaurant fare (they're on E Henn near Stinson) to faire food.
>>< drow ><<

groomporter

Rumor is the People selling the New Zealand meat pies out of the truck on Highland weekend may be buying one of the spaces that burned down last season.

Ms Trish

On FB I saw something about chocolate covered corn dogs. I can't decide if I'm fascinated or grossed out.
If you're not having fun, you're not doing it right!

Jon Hanslow

Quote from: Ms Trish on May 11, 2012, 01:49:46 PM
On FB I saw something about chocolate covered corn dogs. I can't decide if I'm fascinated or grossed out.
i can...-blech-  >:(
Jon Hanslow of The Cabin Boys!
www.facebook.com/thecabinboysrf - LIKE us on Facebook!

AJ in "The other village"

groomporter

BTW I was out on site as of Tuesday there was no work yet on the burned down food booths.

Sitara

Chocolate covered corn dogs are the epitome of renaissance era food.

Groomporter, not surprised at all, everything always gets put off until the last possible minute. Last year, I couldn't even clean and ready my pub the week before opening since they were still installing drainage and working on the food booth next door. They finally finished up about 2 hours before we opened.
Beer wenches are the best wenches!

Muffin

Quote from: Ms Trish on May 11, 2012, 01:49:46 PM

EWWWWWWW!!!  :-X
A Captains Wench

It's always Beer:30 here....

*sigh* So many kilts, so little time......

Ette

groomporter

Posted on Facebook

Minnesota Renaissance Festival
After 32 years we are sad to say good-bye to the owners of the beloved Scotch Eggs booth, Brian and Lisa Braum. After the 2011 fire Brian and Lisa have decided that "Things happen for a reason" and it is time for them to spend more time with their family and friends. However with great sadness and heavy hearts we are both excited and pleased to announce the opening of a new booth in 2012 – Nitch's Kitchen. Nicki and her husband will be taking on the famous Scotch Egg tradition and adding some of their specialty items to their menu, such as the meat pies, that were sold every Highland weekend.

Phelyp, Lord Maydestone

Yeah - barf!

EWWWWWWW!!!  :-X
[/quote]
It's always time for Chardonnay!

Butch

Quote from: Sitara on May 14, 2012, 07:40:08 AM
Chocolate covered corn dogs are the epitome of renaissance era food.
Really?  I thought it was deep fried Twinkies!