News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Jewel got fired....

Started by saphire_glade, August 31, 2011, 11:40:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

saphire_glade

so my name is Maria. And I have been demoted from cast to patron as of 8:41pm on 08/31/11. Jewel will no longer be gracing the festival with her prescence each day as I was sent a note saying that my prescence was no longer desired due to artistic decision. I don't know what that means. I am upset for the kids who spend sooo much time searching for faeries and I will miss the joy on their faces as they pop or hold a bubble. I am not upset that I was fired. Jewel was being retired this year anyways because I have other places I would like to go in life like motherhood in a year or two. And well momma hood and fairydom don't intersect in easy ways....

I hope that people can send in notes to try save the other lesser fairies at MRF. Trinket could end up going the way I did. As well I don't know what Artistic decision means, but I think it would be wrong to have only 1 fairy there. Without Jewel they went from 3 to 2... and it won't take much to get down to 1.... so if you could send MRF a message saying please save the fairies.

Jewel is thinking of planning a goodbye visit  She will have on a button that says I AM A PATRON with a ticket displayed. But she will stop for pictures and try bring a few bubbles with too... but I am not sure if I could get those in. Tell the kids Jewel is sorry. She doesn't know what she did wrong.
Bubbles are pure magic... if you don't believe me watch any man, woman, or child chase a bubble down the road.

Ferret

Thank you for all did for kids !

Ferret

Charlotte Rowan

That's a bummer, Maria. :( I can tell that you are genuinely committed to giving joy to children out there, and I will be sad to see you go.
Masquerading as a normal person day after day is exhausting.

lady serena

So sorry to hear that Jewel was fired. It is not fair what they are doing, and yes I will put a note in for the fae.
Guppy # 81
Fins up

William_MacKean

Shoot...

I guess you can have more time to find the kittah.  Also 'shoot.'   :(

saphire_glade

Jewel will be out Monday (labor day). She will be bubble less, shell less, and in general pretty pathetic. But I am going to try borrow a camera so that I can get pictures with everyone and her.

Also, just set a live trap to find out what has been eating the cat food I leave out for Ari Kit.... I hope its Ari... not a racoon...

Bubbles are pure magic... if you don't believe me watch any man, woman, or child chase a bubble down the road.

saphire_glade

Jewel had a great last day. Many photos were taken. Many were missed as well..... but she is happy that she was mostly allowed to do what she wanted.... poor security must have been bored following me. I definately enjoyed my near nap oat the arbor..... that can't have been exciting to them. Their job must suck royally... I envy them not.

Betty Munro

A patron can't bring bubbles?  You were followed by security?  What the heck has happenned to faire????  They let in Darth Vador and Captain Kirk, but a fairy is considered a threat to the realm?

I truly hope you get to enjoy faire as a patron and that your venture into Mommyhood includes introducing your wee ones to the 16th century.

Random Girl

Quote from: saphire_glade on September 05, 2011, 10:59:30 PM
Jewel had a great last day. Many photos were taken. Many were missed as well..... but she is happy that she was mostly allowed to do what she wanted.... poor security must have been bored following me. I definately enjoyed my near nap oat the arbor..... that can't have been exciting to them. Their job must suck royally... I envy them not.

Trust me, I told them to back off and you weren't doing anything wrong.  But we were under management directive to "keep an eye on you" to make sure you weren't busking....which I knew you weren't.  Thankfully those damn gyrocopter thingies took the spot light and you weren't mentioned again.
~~Nessa~~
Safety Services Maven of Midnight
Crew member of the S.S. Hookers and Blow
Odissimur Iocos - We hate fun

saphire_glade

Thanks Random Girl. I just thought it was more funny. I mean you guys had to have been bored getting updates on my nap taking near the arbor and the 1.5 hours I must have spent on the children's realm stage talking to the other fae creatures. I am sorry I didn't get a photo with you in my fairy costume... that would have been soooooo much fun.

And I did enjoy my day. Didn't get to see many shows, but enjoyed just walking around and talking... half the time without an accent that kills my voice *trust me, I sound nothing like my fairy self*

I plan on seeing shows last weekend in a different costume. I now have 3 weekends to make it so I should have no problem. As I love comp tickets to get in :)

I am really interested in the Danger Committee... I have never seen a single show of theirs, actually I haven't seen any shows since I was a patron more than 6 years ago, and back then I only saw one... the fairy court show/thing... which tells you something there....

Gauwyn of Bracknell

Try to catch The Danger Committee 'Ninja' , I thought it was good.
Born 500 years late

Gauwyn of Bracknell

MissBubu

Quote from: Random Girl on September 06, 2011, 08:50:46 AM
Thankfully those damn gyrocopter thingies took the spot light and you weren't mentioned again.

What the hell were those things? I figured they were "friends" of the Visor.

saphire_glade

I don't know. But they were cool to look at, but not over sight... its bad enough when the occasional plane flys over let alone those things buzzing around. Cause they didn't just fly over... they made a few passes....

Hey Randomgirl: Did security ever get them to leave, or do you just have to wait for them to move on?

Random Girl

Don't even get me started.  I was on golf cart duty so I got to spend the afternoon chasing them around the outside of site.  They never landed onsite anywhere for me to go kick the crap out of them and left on their own over Louisville swamp.

Oh, and they had cameras taking pictures to the bottom of the copters and were snapping tons of photos.

D I C K S!!!!!
~~Nessa~~
Safety Services Maven of Midnight
Crew member of the S.S. Hookers and Blow
Odissimur Iocos - We hate fun

NugBlazer

Quote from: Random Girl on September 06, 2011, 08:50:46 AMBut we were under management directive to "keep an eye on you" to make sure you weren't busking....which I knew you weren't.

The hell is "busking"?
Well met!  Shall we commence a Safety Meeting at once?