News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Embroidery Software -Which Do You Have?

Started by Cilean, June 19, 2008, 01:50:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cilean

Hello All!!

I own the newest version Software from Husqvarna, the 4D, however? I know a lot of people who enjoy Generations and others who love the Corel's Drawings.  So which do you use? And Why?

I really like 4D but I have to say since I am a CorelDraw person I was going to purchase Drawings first.

What say you all?

Cilean

Lady Cilean Stirling
"Looking Good is not an Option, It is a Necessity"
My Motto? Never Pay Retail

nliedel

My mother in law owns a HUGE professional machine and I just go to her when I want something. She can take a Jpeg and turn it into embroidery, or has millions of choices. I can't believe what this thing is capable of. I'm terrified of it.
My journey from mundane to Ren Actor

Lady Kathleen of Olmsted

My dream machine will be a huge embroidery machine that will do lovely designs for other periods besides Renaissance. I want one that I can upload Blackwork designs that I have in an evergrowing file.

Some day!!!
"As with Art as in Life, nothing succeeds like excess.".....Oscar Wilde

Cilean

Lady Kathleen,

You can get blackwork making easily today!!! Yep, it is NOT the machine, but the software that makes or breaks the information and there are several people online whom you can purchase and stitch them out!! Or you can also have the program help you figure out the designs and just have a grand time stitching it all out!

You don't have to have the BEST embroidery machine, however? You do need to have a good designing program!

Cilean

Lady Cilean Stirling

Lady Kathleen of Olmsted

I know how to embroider, it's a time element thing now with me. The machine I am looking at will hold at least 3 spools of different colored threads at the same time. We're talking some bucks here. I saw one at our local Sewing Machine Store that holds 6 spools of threads and sells for over $12,000 on sale!!  That intimadated me. I can see someone who does a lot of professional embroidering get something liuke that one. Not me!!!

I will have to look into that Cilean. Thanks for the info.

QueenofDragons

I've got PE Design, I have mostly Brother machines, so it works for me.  Wish I had more time to dedicate to it, but sometimes it is much easier to find and download a design than doing it myself.  And test stitching is so time consuming too. I taught myself to crochet to have something to do sitting watching stitchouts. LOL
I do have a dragon waiting to be stitched out though, don't know what to put him on yet.  He was autopunched, yet looks fantastic.  The rest are all manual. 

Arsinoe Selene

If I want embroidery on anything, I use ol' Righty. ;D

Yeah, totally useless post, I apologize.

Lady Kathleen of Olmsted

Quote from: Arsinoe Selene on June 24, 2008, 11:25:44 PM

Here on these wonderful forums, there is no such thing as a totally useless post.  Everything is relevant and helpful when it comes to sewing and garbing issues.

QueenofDragons

Quote from: Lady Kathleen of Olmsted on June 25, 2008, 11:04:04 AM
Quote from: Arsinoe Selene on June 24, 2008, 11:25:44 PM

Here on these wonderful forums, there is no such thing as a totally useless post.  Everything is relevant and helpful when it comes to sewing and garbing issues.

ITA-  Nothing is useless! I am useless hand sewing, wish I could do hand embroidery.  I do, however, want to learn to embroider using my sewing machine and the hoop.  I've seen very intricate work just using a regular machine. 

Cilean

I can hand embroider, however I have Carpal Tonal Syndrome, have had it for 20 years now, so when I do something I will work with my embroidery machine rather than damage my arms.  I will work on something small that I can show that I know the stitches that were used, I make a lot of Coifs because you can get them done quickly and they really show your work.  I also do beading projects and they go very fast.  I tend to want to get 10 yard skirts embroidered and if I used my actual hands, then it would not get done in my life time!! LOL

In the past from what we have researched, guilds did many of the embroideries, in fact most of the clothing was assembled outside of the home and then perhaps like if it was a gift for QEI it would be personally embellished by the family females.  QEI's gift logs at New Year's Gifts would that way.

Cilean

Lady Cilean Stirling

Lady_Glorianna

Sir Dragon has a Husqvarna Machine, not sure which version of software. I do know that he is able to draw/draft his own designs and then put them in the machine format with ease.
Lady Elizabeth Poyntz
Ynez de Leon
Catherine of Austria, Queen consort of Portugal
Molly Blair