News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Occupy New Market rally!

Started by Tipsy Gypsy, October 07, 2011, 09:43:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tipsy Gypsy

Ok, weird idea (but those of you who know me personally can vouch that I'm known for stuff like this :D)...

With Occupy Wall Street, Occupy This and Occupy That being among current events, lately, made me think- wouldn't it be a hoot to stage an Occupy New Market rally, with tongue-in-cheek signs saying, "Free Indulgences for the Poor", "Freedom of the Printing Press", "End Peat Dependence", etc.?

Wonder if it'd get a spot in the parade? :D

Yeah, I know- my mind's too small to be allowed to wander unsupervised...
"It's just water, officer, I swear. And yeast. And a little honey. How the alcohol got in, I have no idea!"

renfairephotog

Something I learned from antro class. Occupy was a slang for Frak. So you could try it and see how much history your HA people really know.
Twenty seasons of covering renaissance  festivals. Photos/calendar/blog.
Fairy photographer

scarletnyx

Quote from: Tipsy Gypsy on October 07, 2011, 09:43:16 PM
Ok, weird idea (but those of you who know me personally can vouch that I'm known for stuff like this :D)...

With Occupy Wall Street, Occupy This and Occupy That being among current events, lately, made me think- wouldn't it be a hoot to stage an Occupy New Market rally, with tongue-in-cheek signs saying, "Free Indulgences for the Poor", "Freedom of the Printing Press", "End Peat Dependence", etc.?

I like your idea! I have a friend in NYC who has been in on it since Day One, and I have been following the movements (There is one in Austin, San Anton and I think Dallas right now ) and I think it would be a very tongue in cheek, funny way to show support/just make fun of current events around our world.

I think you have a real chance! I vote Huzzah!
2013 RenNado Survivor
Phoenix Risen

Glaodian

Quote from: Tipsy Gypsy on October 07, 2011, 09:43:16 PM

hahahaha.  We would have to have assigned individuals to refill our Woodies.   ;D
--+ Glaodian +--
aka "Gman"
Si vis pacem para bellum

Tipsy Gypsy

I was thinking parody more than support, personally, but :). Regardless, I think as long as it was kept in a (semi)historical context, it could be fun to see who got the joke...!
"It's just water, officer, I swear. And yeast. And a little honey. How the alcohol got in, I have no idea!"