News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

New to CRF

Started by Captain Dungcaster, October 19, 2011, 03:13:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Captain Dungcaster

Come Nov. 12 my wife Nancy and I plan to attend CRF. We have never been to CRF and I wish to say hello to all of you.
We are Frank and Nancy Blanton from Richmond, Va. We attend the Va. Faire as often as we can. We have been to the Md. Faire twice.
My character is Capt. Francis Dungcaster and Nancy is Nancy Dungcaster. Our persona in garb is Merchant class but I am always trying to get close to Royalty for any way to climb the societal class ladder.
I really like to play in character and laugh. Nancy is not into it as much as I but she garbs up and enjoys meeting new people. I wear a rapier and a dagger that are sheathed always and very securely peace tied. VERY Securely.

What is CRF like? Is it a King or Queen that rules? Is there a Noble class and where is court? We reverence Nobles and greet everyone with a smile. Tell me about CRF!

I will post a pic here before the 12 Nov. in our garb.
"Fantasy Football, Dungeons & Dragons for Jocks"
I.B.R.S.C #1068.

Hibernian

Welcome to Fairhaven good sir. Your choice of weekends is indeed an excellent one for that very weekend is our invasion weekend. All sorts of characters from pirates to mercs to rougues and wenchs will be gathering. It is also the weekend of the Clan M'Crack's so keep an eye out for the lads of the saffron kilt! I know you'll recognize at least one accent as several of the families are from Richmond and Midlothian!

Fairhaven is an excellent village of 22 acres, seven stages and lovely buildings. The local monarchs are visiting with their court. You will find them under the large tent just inside the gate but most of the day they are on the move through out the village and attending the joust. They are easily approached and I believe have an open court in the morning if you are looking to be introduced. They have also been known to join in the dances on the front lane and visitors in garb have been known to join in as well.

Seriously, well met. Keep a eye on the other CRF threads and you will be brought up to date on invasion plans. You are welcome to attend all or none, to join in as you feel fit. The reason we do this is to have fun, if not, why do it! If your travel plans permit, there is a meet-n-greet at the local Galway Hooker Pub in Cornelius. On Saturday morning look for a tailgate in the VIP parking lot. You can't miss us, a lot of people in garb and we'll be flying the Irish flag. Once inside look for friendly faces everywhere, but especially down at M'Crack corner, on the corner under the trees between the jousting field and Lancers Pub. The Guinness and conversation both flow freely.

In size we are between the Virginia and Maryland fairs, on a good day we'll see between 11 and 12,000 visitors. I believe we have one of the friendliest casts and our entertainers are second to none. Many of our lanes are tree covered so a shady spot can always be found and when needed the building offer a wind cover.

A November morning mist can be chilly, but by mid day the sun is our friend and all is well for the rest of the day. Looking forward to meeting you and the good lady this November in Fairhaven.
"Badges? We don't need no stinkin badges!"

Molden

Aye! Welcome Aboard Fairhaven t' y' an' th' Missus! Well met an' all that...

Hibernian has it pretty much down to a "T". Y've picked a Bonny weekend t' attend y' ave! We'll have many a visitor that weekend - many from this here forum.

Do try to make it to the Galway Hooker Friday evening - a wondermous start t' a Grand weekend at Fairhaven it be!
Cat-like & Mercurial

Reliably Unreliable

Captain Dungcaster

Galway Hooker. What is the address? Is this a pub?
I.B.R.S.C #1068.

Hibernian

Quote from: Captain Dungcaster on October 20, 2011, 07:16:28 PM
Galway Hooker. What is the address? Is this a pub?

http://www.galwayhookerpub.com/

The Galway Hooker Pub is located at 17044 Kenton Dr, Cornelius, NC 28031. Its a typical North Carolina pub meaning its a combo restaruant/bar, which is great if you are looking for more than pub grub. Nice place, lots of wood, good beers on tap, more adult beverages if you wish and the menu is decent. Most importantly, they not only tolerate us, they like us and in turn we put a fair amount of people in their pub. There is also a covered patio with tables and chairs for the smokers in our group.

The Hooker (its a type of boat and not an old act at CRF) is abuot 3 miles from the Microtel Hotel which has a reduced rate for M'Cracks that weekend. Its also just off Rt 73 which is the same road CRF is off just about 5 miles down. Where Rt 73 crosses I-77 there are several other hotels of various brands. At Exit 28, about 3 miles up I-77 are several more hotels. So the Hooker is somewhat central to all our fun and sleeping activities.

We use it for our Meet-n-Greet on Friday. On Saturday night many of us will be headig over to the brick House tavern in Davidson, NC. Still just a few miles off and a very nice place as well. Great menu, nice bar. It also can be checked out on the web and if your interested check with us when you arrived.

Looking forward to the weekend!

Captain Dungcaster

Thank you Hibernian.
Well new intel about our visit has come to light so I need help.
My Wife wants to have a nice dinner out on Friday and or Sat. just the two of us. So we are staying at the Hampton Inn Concord/Kannapolis 612 Dickens Place N.E. Are there any nice friendly Non-Chain restaurants with a good atmosphere {romantic} we could check out?
I.B.R.S.C #1068.

Hibernian

Quote from: Captain Dungcaster on October 21, 2011, 02:48:53 PM
Thank you Hibernian.
Well new intel about our visit has come to light so I need help.
My Wife wants to have a nice dinner out on Friday and or Sat. just the two of us. So we are staying at the Hampton Inn Concord/Kannapolis 612 Dickens Place N.E. Are there any nice friendly Non-Chain restaurants with a good atmosphere {romantic} we could check out?

Ok, you're staying on the I-85 side. Not really familiar with anything but I'll spread a few questions and see what we come up with so you can keep peace in the heavens! Happy spouses play longer at faire.  ;)

Lady Mikayla of Phoenicia

Welcome and well met!  Fairhaven is indeed a lovely shire!  For a lovely dinner, try Olde Stone Vino in Kannapolis, NC.  They are on the Book of Faces if you are so inclined! 
"Embrace those who love you and rid yourself of those who bring you down."

Hibernian

Quote from: Lady Mikayla of Phoenicia on October 31, 2011, 07:42:13 PM
Welcome and well met!  Fairhaven is indeed a lovely shire!  For a lovely dinner, try Olde Stone Vino in Kannapolis, NC.  They are on the Book of Faces if you are so inclined! 
Thank you Lady Mikayla!