News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Apartment Fire

Started by scarletnyx, January 14, 2012, 04:45:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

scarletnyx

Early this morning, I heard some sirens and thought I was dreaming. After I wrapped up and popped outside I soon learned that an entire building in our apartment complex, the one right behind us, had/was still going up in flames.

I know that there were some families in the apartments that were affected, so just wanted to get some healing energy being sent to them... I know some people have to literally be in shock right now..

Our apartment is OK, no worries there, the power is just intermittent but they're not allowing people to leave for whatever reason.
2013 RenNado Survivor
Phoenix Risen

Rowan MacD

Healing energy going your way. I hope no one was hurt?
  Hopefully at least some of them had renters insurance, in the meantime the Red Cross should already be finding places for the folks to stay. 
What doesn't kill me-had better run.
IWG wench #3139 
19.7% FaireFolk pure-80.3% FaireFolk corrupt

Merlin the Elder

I offer my positive energies as well.  This is a terrible thing to go through.
Living life in the slow lane
ROoL #116; the Jack of Daniels; AARP #7; SS# 000-00-0013
I've upped my standards. Now, up yours.
...and may all your babies be born naked...

PollyPoPo

Polly closes her eyes, breathes deep, gathering energy, and looses it near Scarletnyx.

Scarletnyx – I believe I met you (and Saeed?) at TRF.  Tonight, when the air is still and the sky dark I will gaze on the stars and moon and think more on those in your vicinity.
Polly PoPo
(aka Grannie)

scarletnyx

No one was hurt, just a lot of thousand yard stares and crying kids. The Red Cross is set up at an closed down dealership at the mouth of our road to give help to whoever needs it.

Thank you all for the healing thoughts. I'm sure some people are in for a hard time.. Some of the people who live in this complex aren't the best off already ( us included) and I can just hope that they had some renters insurance or something like that to help them.

Polly, you did meet me and my husband at TRF! We were so happy to meet someone off of these forums, we ended up talking about meeting you for the rest of the day! We hope to see you soon!

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk
2013 RenNado Survivor
Phoenix Risen

maeven

While it's good to hear that nobody was hurt, it's still very sad to hear that they are without their things. I'll be praying for them.
*Short enough to not reach the pedals, tall enough for the rides at Six Flags!*

I'm splendid. That is all.

AHE 2013 RenNado Survivor