News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

OT- prayer request

Started by Breandan, January 16, 2012, 12:06:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Breandan

I JUST found out that my good friend and lead artist for Dark Nova Games, Jeffrey Agussoekarno, has suffered a stroke and is in ICU. I ask that everyone who is the sort to do so, please pray for him to have a full and rapid recovery. Because I believe there is no such thing as too many people praying for someone, I'm also asking my rennie friends from TRF. He is way too bloody young to be having a stroke, should be battered old bastards like me in a hospital, not kids like him.
Author, bladesmith, and fuzzy teddybear.

"I've fought my wars and drank my mead in this life, the afterlife for me will be one endless renaissance festival with an old-school tabletop game store the size of a Costco next door ;D " - me

Riot

"I'm sweet, innocent, virginal, and full of all things goodness and light"

Merlin the Elder

All available positive energy is being channeled his way.
Living life in the slow lane
ROoL #116; the Jack of Daniels; AARP #7; SS# 000-00-0013
I've upped my standards. Now, up yours.
...and may all your babies be born naked...

LadyJessica

Loki GODDESS
Lady-in-Lacing to QOE
FOKTOP
Director of Social Tourture for the Empire
Gneaitheas Gnomie (DG#290)

Bob of the Lake

Sending healing thoughts to Jeffrey and peace to you, Breandan.
I came, I saw, I skipped to my lou.
            - Hammy the Squirrel

Sir Martin

You can add my prayers to the mix, Breandan.  All our best to your friends and his loved ones.

maeven

*Short enough to not reach the pedals, tall enough for the rides at Six Flags!*

I'm splendid. That is all.

AHE 2013 RenNado Survivor

Laird Fraser of Lovatt

Good Lord!  When i met him at Comicpalooza, i thought he may have been just shy of thirty... a freaking stroke?!?  :o

Prayers and strength to him and you, Brother!
Cha togar m' fhearg gun dìoladh
Alba gu brath
Laird of Dunans Castle
Warrior Poet/Loki God

Breandan

slight correction- subdural hematoma, which can be worse or better than a full TIA, depending on where it occurred. Appreciate the prayers, still no real update other than he is in ICU under heavy sedation hooked up to ventilators and IV feeding

"I've fought my wars and drank my mead in this life, the afterlife for me will be one endless renaissance festival with an old-school tabletop game store the size of a Costco next door ;D " - me

Merlin the Elder

Did he get hit in the head?? Or was there an aneurism? Jeez! Energies still being sent!

Lady De Rue Rue

Very sorry to hear that.  Sending prayers and healing energies to him! 

Breandan

No one knows how it happened, but subdural hematomas generally result from congenital weaknesses in the blood vessel(s) that burst due to a spike in blood pressure or an impact.

I've gotten an update from his family- "He is not conscious. I went Saturday, the fluid build up in the brain has stopped and the swelling is going down. There is a shunt to help with that but it is no longer collecting fluid. They are doing two cat scans a week and it appears that there is improvement but he is still sedated."

Lady Kett

Sending our thoughts, prayers and healing energy too, Breandan.

Hospitaller

Just saw this post. Sending positive thoughts to the "powers that be" that he will be good-to-go in no time.

Merlin the Elder

I know you're busy with birthing babies, but any word on your friend?  Still sending good vibes his way...