News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

April 14 & 15

Started by DonaCatalina, January 16, 2012, 02:22:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DonaCatalina

There is an event on this particular weekend (a-hem Merlin) that I think merits a two day celebration.
And after the pysanski that I will be going through up until April 7, I will be more than ready.
Do your weather dances, or whatever, and lets have a party!
Aurum peccamenes multifariam texit
Marquesa de Trives
Portrait Goddess

Merlin the Elder

As far as I know, we plan to be around for the weekend... ;) 
Living life in the slow lane
ROoL #116; the Jack of Daniels; AARP #7; SS# 000-00-0013
I've upped my standards. Now, up yours.
...and may all your babies be born naked...

Gauwyn of Bracknell

Huh, we will be there that weekend too, imagine the luck  ;)
Born 500 years late

Gauwyn of Bracknell

DonaCatalina

woo hoo!
so all 6 of us will have a great time.
Marquesa de Trives
Portrait Goddess

Merlin the Elder

It's not the size of the party that counts.... I'm in a position to know there will be others....  ::) :P

DonaCatalina

someone who is list fixated needs to do a list of who will be there what weekend. Sort of like they do for TRF.  :o
Marquesa de Trives
Portrait Goddess

Merlin the Elder

I know a number of people, at least tentatively, scheduled to be there Saturday.  Many, I hope, were planning to be there the entire weekend. Things can change.  Those who have responded to my messages are (tentative attendees)...the ones in bold are planning to be there the entire weekend:
VIII ;)
Merlin the Elder & Lady Nimue
Doña Catalina & Don Juan de Cordoba
Gauwyn of Bracknell & his Lady Angela
Rani & Scally
Lord Dragon & Lady Gryphon
Lady Kett & Sidekick
Al-Nimer & Cowgrrl
Tink & Pan
Lady Stitch, Pink Pirate, & wee "guest"
Angus MacInnes et al
Lord & Lady Beckgam
Lord & Lady Spicer
Merlin (the young version) & clan
Elo
Archer & his Lady Caroline
Captain Spleen
MacKee, Bonny Pearl, and Wee MacKee
Lys
PinnMcrack
Bob of the Lake

You might also be interested to know that Christoph, son of Merlin the Elder, half-brother to Merlin the Younger (aka, Scott the Scot) will be in attendance, all the way from York (the new one).

If you're on the list above, and you plan to be at Scarby both days, let me know and I'll bold your names, and you can feel as important as the rest of us. (any corrections to names as listed are welcome)

I haven't heard from a few people regarding this weekend, and I still have some invites to send out. Some folks haven't checked their messages in a while! When get new info, I'll post the changes.  In addition, there could be a moderate contingent of muggles, some family and friends, mostly from central Arkansas. I don't know if they'll be able to keep up or not!

Realizing that some are wondering about the mysteriousness of this thread, and hoping that I'm not risking any bruised feelings, Nimue & I are celebrating a total of 45 years together, and it will be at Scarby on the 14th of April.  You don't know how hard it was to parse a list of close to 200 names down to a number I could afford to feed! Not only that, at over 1060 years old now, sometimes people slip my mind. There's a number of people that it broke my heart to leave off the list, but I've still got my family to invite! So...there you have it. 

Rani Zemirah

Why, yes... Scally and I fully intend to be there for that entire weekend... and you will be hard pressed to shake us!  ;)  We are both thrilled to get to spend a full weekend in the company of the lovely Lady Nimue and yourself, and are equally looking forward to spending time in the lanes with the gracious DonaC and her Don, as well as all of the other illustrious guests on your list, some of whom we know already, and some of whom we will have the pleasure of meeting for the first time! 

So PLEASE do that whole BOLD thing with our names!!!  ;)  :D
Rani - Fire Goddess

Aut disce... aut discede

Captain Teague

Opening weekend is still sketchy, but Lady Gryphon and myself will be there the entire weekend of this event, to be sure.

If I have to crawl there. Crawling home has always been an option, but I rarely crawl TO events....... 8)
The Code is the Law...

Ryk Rakham

We (Ryk and Lady Sherry) will be there both opening and second weekend, all four days!~
Ryk Rakham, scourge of the Red River
Rhyk Dragonfang

Jezz the Belle, scourge of the scourge
Lady Sherry

lys1022

Not sure yet if I will be there both days or just one that weekend.  It will depend on what else is going on and the state of the house as we are starting a massive purge of All The Things!!! :)
Lys
I am not an employee of Scarborough Faire and to not represent them in any way.

Al-Nimer

Merlin, it will only be myself and cowgrrl in attendance to your shenanigans.  We plan on letting the renlets run wild that day  ;)
"I reject your reality and substitute my own!" - Adam, Mythbusters

Lady Kett

We will be there sir! With bells on...or not...can never quite commit one way or another! :)

LadyStitch

I filed for the Saturday off, and it was approved. :)  The Pink Pirate, the Fuzzlet, and I will be there :)
It is kind of strange watching your personal history become costume.

cowgrrl

Quote from: LadyStitch on January 23, 2012, 09:05:33 AM
I filed for the Saturday off, and it was approved. :)  The Pink Pirate, the Fuzzlet, and I will be there :)

Yay!!  A baby to snorgle!!  BTW, I work in a preschool & I'm CPR & First Aid trained.  Feel free to hand off the little one at any time.   ;D