News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

it is getting closer

Started by BagPipeBabe, January 19, 2012, 08:40:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BagPipeBabe

So who is getting ready for Scarby?? I  going just to pick up a few things then i get to start sewing my new garb!! ;D

DonaCatalina

I've been beading since last August. Who knows if I'll be ready in time.
Aurum peccamenes multifariam texit
Marquesa de Trives
Portrait Goddess

Merlin the Elder

I know I won't be ready, and I've been working on some of the plans since last May. Planning other faires as well, and trying to keep caught up with my 9-to-5 (actually, 5-to-1). Que sera, sera... I'm just going to have a good time with me friends and let the cow chips fall where they may.
Living life in the slow lane
ROoL #116; the Jack of Daniels; AARP #7; SS# 000-00-0013
I've upped my standards. Now, up yours.
...and may all your babies be born naked...

BryanPopp

I just got my FOF passes today. Cannot wait for opening day.

Lady Kett

Are we there yet?
Are we there yet?
Are we there yet?
Are we there yet?

Merlin the Elder

Quote from: Lady Kett on January 21, 2012, 09:46:06 AM
Are we there yet?
Are we there yet?
Are we there yet?
Are we there yet?
Don't make me stop this carriage, young lady!

cowgrrl

I am already starting to plan my purchases. New skirt, fringed leather bag (if I can find exactly what I want), probably something from Grichels & my normal piece from the chain maille guy. Nothing really big this year so far. If the harpist Sarah Mullen has her new CD available I'll get one of those as well. I'm sure the renlets will pick our pockets numerous times! 

raevyncait

Got my reservations at Super8 for Friday & Saturday nights of opening weekend... We'll be in a non-smoking room on the first floor.  They originally had the accessible rooms priced DOUBLE the rate of non-accessible rooms. A quick email to Wyndham (who licenses Super 8) took care of that.
Raevyn
IWG 3450
The ORIGINAL Pipe Wench
Wench @ Large #2
Resident Scottish Gypsy
Royal Aromatherapist

BryanPopp

Thanks for the reminder. Just made my reservations for opening and closing weekends. Now we just have to narrow down our other weekends.
2 more planned and maybe a 3rd if my commissions are good.
Does anyone know if they are going to do the Scotch Tastings again this year?

DonaCatalina

Quote from: BryanPopp on January 22, 2012, 02:43:22 PM
Thanks for the reminder. Just made my reservations for opening and closing weekends. Now we just have to narrow down our other weekends.
2 more planned and maybe a 3rd if my commissions are good.
Does anyone know if they are going to do the Scotch Tastings again this year?

According to what I've heard its still in the planning stages. It didn't sell too well last year, but I believe that was a lack of advertisement.
Aurum peccamenes multifariam texit
Marquesa de Trives
Portrait Goddess

BryanPopp

I attended it last year and there was 8 people or more in our group. I enjoyed it. Good Scotch and interesting information.
Last year it was kind of a last minute addition, if memory serves. That may have hurt it. 

Merlin the Elder

I think you're right, Bryan. Was it last year that they were still putting up shelves at the bar in Rose & Crown while we were sitting there eating? ...or was that Memorial Day Weekend of 2010? 

SOOO looking forward to Scarby this year.... Should I mention it's 75 days, 16 hours, 8 minutes, 30 seconds away?

BryanPopp

Merlin you're not excited about Scarby, are you? I really can't tell. ;D

Merlin the Elder

Bryan, I live an exciting life ... zzzzzzzzzzzzz ... I very much look forward to visiting Texas each year for Scarborough! ...even more so now, with all the friends I've made here on the forum. It's put a whole new spin on things the past couple of years.

BryanPopp

Maybe I'll get a chance to meet you & yours this season.