News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

OT- prayer request

Started by Breandan, January 16, 2012, 12:06:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Breandan

UPDATE! Just found out that Jeff is off the meds that induced the coma and is awake for short periods. He's showing strong recovery signs, including strongly squeezing fingers with BOTH hands, which is a good sign that he won't lose motor functions in his left side to any notable extent. When he is awake, he is recognizing people and smiling a lot around the ventilator, but still intubated, so he can't talk yet. The doctors say he is making a remarkable recovery, and are very, very happy with his progress. Hope that trend continues *crosses fingers* and thanks everyone for the prayers :)
Author, bladesmith, and fuzzy teddybear.

"I've fought my wars and drank my mead in this life, the afterlife for me will be one endless renaissance festival with an old-school tabletop game store the size of a Costco next door ;D " - me

Merlin the Elder

That's great to hear! ...except for the vent. Those things suck! (IMO, the absolute worst thing about open-heart surgery...)
Living life in the slow lane
ROoL #116; the Jack of Daniels; AARP #7; SS# 000-00-0013
I've upped my standards. Now, up yours.
...and may all your babies be born naked...

maeven

So glad to hear he's making an improvement! :)
*Short enough to not reach the pedals, tall enough for the rides at Six Flags!*

I'm splendid. That is all.

AHE 2013 RenNado Survivor

Rani Zemirah

Read your fb post earlier that Jeff is conscious and improving, and just now found this thread over here.  Glad to hear he's starting to come out of it, and I'll continue to send prayers and healing energy!  Hoping for the best possible outcome for him, and will be keeping him in my thoughts. 
Rani - Fire Goddess

Aut disce... aut discede

Bob of the Lake

Great news, Breandan! Glad to hear Jeff is improving and I'll keep him in my thoughts.
I came, I saw, I skipped to my lou.
            - Hammy the Squirrel