News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

What is your favorite rum and why?

Started by Obadiah Jib, June 22, 2008, 10:27:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Obadiah Jib

When it comes to rum what do you like, how do you like it, and why is it the best?
First Mate of the Portobello Rose.
I'm not the captain, I just dress better than he does.

renren

Renren
Wench  #  3783
Treasure Guardian and giggling interrogator of the "Feisty Lady"

Guppy # 32 ROoL

dragongirl

Um...Pyrate Rum.  Do you even have to ask why. ;D
Lady Hermina Dolores De Pagan
Captain of the Tres Flores
Sailing with Ye Pyrate Brotherhood

Rage

Ok besides free or liberated..... Pyrat XO, I have not been afforded the opportunity to try Pyrat Cast nor can I be affording the coin associated with the later so for now the prior mentioned is my favorite even though I really can't afford the coin associated with the precurement of it either.

Ahhhhh but Pyrat XO may not remain my favorite once I have to opportunity to liberate some Pyrat cast from someone who who has been afforded the opportunity delight in and can afford or can not afford the coin associated with the procurement of cast on to wits Pyrat XO will remain in my favor until the before mentioned time.

As long as they are the procurer and I am the liberator I will remain happy until which time the rum is gone....

Taffy Saltwater

Ditto Pyrat.  I love the presentation and the bottles are gorgeous - can't part w/the empties.  It's also smooth & drinkable straight on the rocks.  For mixing, I'm not so picky.

Check out http://www.bilgemunky.com for rum reviews.
Sveethot!

Rage

I haven't kept any bottles as of yet. I want to but I am selling my house and I just never collected bottles. I do however keep the medallions which go on my belt.... I The small fit so nicely, currently only have two (missing two others)....

festmum

Living on an island in the Caribbean helps you enjoy a greater variety of RUM!!!

My favorites at present are:

Barcelo  (Dominican)
Prichards (Tennessee)
and
Barbancourt 5 star  (Haitian)

Capt Robertsgrave Thighbiter

Cruzan Black Strap Molasses Rum.  Thick , dark, sweet and tastes so much of molasses, you want to put it on your pancakes in the morning ( it's not half bad like that).  Good sipping rum.
If the rum's gone, so is the fun
*images and URLs not allowed in signatures* -Admin
Party like it's 1724

Rage

Quote from: festmum on June 23, 2008, 10:00:01 AM
Living on an island in the Caribbean helps you enjoy a greater variety of RUM!!!

My favorites at present are:

Barcelo  (Dominican)
Prichards (Tennessee)
and
Barbancourt 5 star  (Haitian)

Hmmmm.... Never had rum from Haiti. made lovingly by zombies.... just kidding.

*Teach*

Um...
All of them?
Pyrat XO is my favorite straight rum.
Capt. Morgan is probably my fav on the different flavors... spiced, coconut etc.
Whaler's is my fav cheapish rum
Meyers is (probably) my fav dark rum
As far as the more pricey varieties, I Love them all... but I guess cask 23 is my current fav there
I also recently found a new one I like but cannot think of the name for anything right now... It comes in a leather pouch... someone got me a bottle for my birthday and it was one of the first I emptied afterwards lol.

If you haven't noticed from my tendency to leave rum notes every time I post, I truly love my rum. I may not drink it as much people on here seem to think I do, I but do drink quite a bit of it and really enjoy it. For me, rum is proof that God Loves Us and wants us to be happy.

*so... Should I put a rum quote when the whole post was about rum? Or just put my quotes around the whole thing lol*
*Got more Rum?* "Here, Try This!"
http://forums.wearephoenixrisen.com

Amyj

In order of preference...

1. Pyrate XO...Mmmmmmmm
2. Captain Morgan Private Stock (these two are our standard take-to-faire-to-share rums, the pirates usually like to talk to "the Captain and the XO"  ;))
3. Pyrate Cask 1923...although, as documented in the St. Louis Faire thread...let it breathe first!!!!  It tasted VILE immediately after opening, but bloomed after a night open.  Chuey of Musical Blades said that it even burped good!
Ironically, I don't normally like straight liqour...but these three rums I can handle sipping straight...only Captain will I mix with coke.
I'm not fat, it's just that a skinny body couldn't hold ALL THIS PERSONALITY! ;)
Historically Accur-ISH

Lady Mikayla of Phoenicia

There is a Mojito rum that I am really hooked on right now... :P :-*
"Embrace those who love you and rid yourself of those who bring you down."

Blackjack Roberts

Captain Morgan privet stock.

Whether straight, or Rum and cola I just happen to like it.

If not privet stock, then  Captain Morgan original.

Welsh Wench

I had a really bad experience with spiced rum once.  :-[

But I do like coconut rum.
Show me your tan lines..and I'll show you mine!

I just want to be Layla.....

DeadBishop

Quote from: Rage on June 23, 2008, 07:26:00 AM
Ok besides free or liberated..... Pyrat XO, I have not been afforded the opportunity to try Pyrat Cast nor can I be affording the coin associated with the later so for now the prior mentioned is my favorite even though I really can't afford the coin associated with the precurement of it either.

Ahhhhh but Pyrat XO may not remain my favorite once I have to opportunity to liberate some Pyrat cast from someone who who has been afforded the opportunity delight in and can afford or can not afford the coin associated with the procurement of cast on to wits Pyrat XO will remain in my favor until the before mentioned time.

As long as they are the procurer and I am the liberator I will remain happy until which time the rum is gone....

I think I can make this happen... ;)

R/F.com member since 2003