News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Who'll be at scarby on May 26-28

Started by Otwell Throckmorton, April 26, 2012, 01:47:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Otwell Throckmorton

Ok, so again, I'm new to all of this as most of you know...  Since Merlin the Elder mentioned he will be at scarby on "Memorial Day Weekend" and my wish is to get to meet as many of you as possible, my wife Elizabeth and I and I are going to try to make it that weekend.

I have a couple of questions first though.
1. I'm pretty sure that "Memorial Day weekend" is also closing weekend.  am I correct?
          - As a former US Marine, Memorial day means a lot to me.  I would love nothing more than to be able to spend this weekend amongst new friends!
2. What about Memorial day, since scarby is open, what's the deal with that?  is it a special ticket?  what is going on that day?
3. Who all is going to be there that weekend?  Who all do I get to meet!??!
4. This "tail-gate" party on parking isle 12...  I'm assuming it's during the AM before the faire begins.  am I correct?  also, in this case, what time should I plan on arriving for this?

We are both very excited to be able to make it out to the wonderful town of Scarborough once more time this year! 
"As for me, all I know is that I know nothing"
"Beware the barrenness of a busy life"
- Socrates

DonaCatalina

Hi again!
1. Yes, Memorial Day is closing day for Scarborough. The Faire is open Saturday, Sunday and Monday of that weekend.

2. On Monday, the highlight is the veteran's parade.

3. Well, Don Juan and I will be there Saturday and Monday.

4. 8:30am is usually a good time for the tailgate party. Most people are getting dressed at the same time, so you will need to walk up and talk to us. In my case, look for the Spanish flag. Several people will be flying various flags associated with Scotland.

I look forward to meeting you both.
;D
Aurum peccamenes multifariam texit
Marquesa de Trives
Portrait Goddess

Merlin the Elder

As a vet, you may participate in the parade on Memorial Day. You will need to get a yellow sash. There is information available elsewhere in the forum on that subject.

On Sunday, prepare yourself for some exceedingly strange sights. If the girl that walks past you in a prom dress looks like she needs a shave, she probably does. Sunday is Day of Wrong.  You may wish to carry a gallon or two of eye bleach.

We plan on being around all three days. How active we are will depend on the temperature.  Our last closing weekend excursion from Arkansas was so hot, we hung out at the Friends of Faire pavilions most of the time, venturing out for 30-45 minutes at a time. I'm hoping it's less brutal this year.
Living life in the slow lane
ROoL #116; the Jack of Daniels; AARP #7; SS# 000-00-0013
I've upped my standards. Now, up yours.
...and may all your babies be born naked...

Otwell Throckmorton

Quote from: DonaCatalina on April 26, 2012, 01:53:06 PM
1. Yes, Memorial Day is closing day for Scarborough. The Faire is open Saturday, Sunday and Monday of that weekend.
So the ticketing for this particular set of days: does buying a weekend pass on this weekend, cover all three days?  Would one have to buy a weekend pass AND a day pass for monday?  how does the ticketing work for these days?

Quote from: Merlin the Elder on April 26, 2012, 02:13:21 PM
As a vet, you may participate in the parade on Memorial Day. You will need to get a yellow sash. There is information available elsewhere in the forum on that subject.
I'll have to look into that... I'm not sure I would want to participate... I don't usually like the attention on myself, I merely want to pay homage to the fallen.  It is usually my tradition to Drink two beers on memorial day.  One in memory of the past fallen, and the other in thought of those who will fall in the future.  Every beer after that is for me and those I served with... hahaha
I'm hoping it's less brutal this year.
Well, Elizabeth is currently with child right now, so we are also hoping it's not too bad!
- Socrates

captmarga

As far as I know, one ticket, one day.  A two-day pass will not get you in all three days.  Sorry!  But there are discounted tickets available at local area Tom Thumb stores.

Marga
Corp Capt Marga, Dame Den Mother, Scarborough Royal Guard.  Keeper of the Costume Closet.  Artist, Rennie, Etc, etc, etc

Otwell Throckmorton

discounted day passes, or weekend passes, or day AND weekend passes?
- Socrates

Lady Kett

We will be there all 3 days. I guess I should make an announcement of sorts but that is a project for tomorrow or later...

Al-Nimer

I will probably be there all 3 days, with family at least Sat & Monday.  I'm scheduled to have my last work/drum day on Sunday ;D

Quote from: Otwell Throckmorton on April 26, 2012, 05:03:36 PM
discounted day passes, or weekend passes, or day AND weekend passes?
A weekend pass (good only for Sat/Sun) is cheaper than 2 discounted day passes.  I think the weekend passes may only be bought on srfestival.com.  The discounted day passes may be bought at DFW area Tom Thumb stores.
"I reject your reality and substitute my own!" - Adam, Mythbusters

Genta

pretty sure i bought a weekend pass opening weekend.

im also considering driving down again for memorial day weekend.
Capt. Bacardi--- "a long wet one up here, it will not quit"
Gauwyn of Bracknell-- "M'Lady likes the bangers"

angusmacinnes

We will be there.  Should be a very special weekend.
There are many places where compromise is expected;
LOYALTY is not amongst them.

Merlin the Elder

Quote from: Lady Kett on April 26, 2012, 08:45:03 PM
We will be there all 3 days. I guess I should make an announcement of sorts but that is a project for tomorrow or later...
:-*  :)  8)
Living life in the slow lane
ROoL #116; the Jack of Daniels; AARP #7; SS# 000-00-0013
I've upped my standards. Now, up yours.
...and may all your babies be born naked...

SirRichardBear

Quote from: Otwell Throckmorton on April 26, 2012, 02:30:30 PM
I'll have to look into that... I'm not sure I would want to participate... I don't usually like the attention on myself, I merely want to pay homage to the fallen.  It is usually my tradition to Drink two beers on memorial day.  One in memory of the past fallen, and the other in thought of those who will fall in the future.  Every beer after that is for me and those I served with... hahaha

Last year we had over a hundred (I think it was 126) vet's march, walk, ride in the parade.  There is also a private Vet's memorial service held after the parade in the corporate pinic area.  If you have any questions about the Memorial day parade just look up any of the QOH or SRG officers or NCO's and we'll be happly to answer them. 
Beware of him that is slow to anger: He is angry for something, and will not be pleased for nothing.
Benjamin Franklin

Merlin

Anál nathrach- Breath of serpent
Orth' bháis 's bethad- Spell of death and of life
Do chél dénmha- Thy omen of making

bookwench

"I base most of my fashion taste on what doesn't itch." -G. Radner

Otwell Throckmorton

You guys are getting me even more excited now!!!  I can't wait to meet you all!

Hopefully I can find some good clothes at thrift shops this weekend!  that way I can post a pic of me for you all to see

Also, any good recommendations on shoes my wife should get?  keep in mind she is with child, so if you have any recommendations on shoes for a pregnant woman to walk around in all day and not have her feet kill her, I would greatly appreciate it!
- Socrates