News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Day of Wrong (May 27) Can we do something a little different in honor of Will?

Started by AngelVII, May 03, 2012, 01:57:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AngelVII

I stole this from Jana (Queen Margaret of Scotland) off of facebook, because I thought it was a phenomenal idea! -

"Janna Zepp

I know that, traditionally, Sunday of Memorial Day weekend is the Day of Wrong. But this year, Saint Isidore's Day falls on Sunday, May 27th.

May 27th is Saint Isidore's Day.

"...a Saint known as Sidor the Cucumber Man. Under his influence, cucumbers can now be planted, and a clear day on Sidor's day brings a good crop in due course. It is also the day when the swallows are expected to return; bringing fair weather with them if they fly high."

Rather than the usual hi-jinks of DoW, I think it would be fitting to remember Will Ross, our Pickle Man, on this day with dignified symbols of pickles and swallow-birds.

A suggestion, of course. But knowing how loving our SRF community is, I thought you might enjoy doing something different in the form of a sweet tribute to one of our own."

^ I think this is an absolutely wonderful idea, and a fantastic way to honor our fallen brother, Will.

Micheal and I would be willing to stop off at Sam's Club and buy a couple large bins of pickles before faire if anyone else would like to participate. Perhaps the Scots could even march with pickles drawn instead of swords? Anyone else have any thoughts on this idea?

Not all who wander are lost =)

SocialSiren

Thank you for reposting this here. I think it is a grand idea! Pickles for everyone!

Laney aka Cara Kellogg, Sousewife of Scarborough
*Images and URLs not allowed in signature* - Admin