News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Ravenloft Series of Books

Started by Captain Teague, May 31, 2012, 10:55:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Captain Teague

Anyone besides me that reads or has read them? :P
Older series, really. Spun off of an old school Dungeons and Dragons campaign game series, it gathered quite a following in its starting years. Not written by a single author, many authors contribute, each writing an individual story which to me actually ends up to be a series written about old school monsters (Frankenstein, The Werewolf, Dracula, The Mummy, etc ) but retold in Medieval flair. Many of the biggest selling authors of their other book series often take up a book to write of their own also.

Annnyway, I digress. Reason I bring this up is that almost 13 years exactly it has been since they have released any for that series and are now releasing a new Lord Soth novel in June. >:)

Soth is the bomb.  8) Popular enough I think that three books are already in the series about him. Loosely described as an undead Fallen Paladin with spellcasting abilities. And one which has been on my mental design table for years, just waitin for the fever to make his garb to catch fire too.  8)

Soth:

The Code is the Law...

chainshot

Hey I remember this.  I remember reading the AD&D game modules written Hickman & Tracy back in the eighties, then followed up by the novel "I Strahd"  by P.N. Elrod afterwards.  I also recall that they also released a bunch of other source material covering everything from zombies, lycanthropes, and other gothic horror stuff called the Van Richten guides.  Yeah they sure brought back some memories, thanks.