News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

The sky was orange!! Damned fires!!

Started by Nighthawk, June 24, 2012, 03:49:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Merlin the Elder

Living life in the slow lane
ROoL #116; the Jack of Daniels; AARP #7; SS# 000-00-0013
I've upped my standards. Now, up yours.
...and may all your babies be born naked...

Capt Gabriela Fullpepper

Quote from: Baron on July 04, 2012, 10:13:55 PM
Worry not, Merlin, Spleen is fine.  His current abode is well away from any current fire danger.  He even offered us refuge should the need arise.  He assures us that he is simply taking a summer away from Faire (and the forum) in order to pursue other interests, e.g., fishing and camping. 

Should you wish to send him a PM, I'm certain that he would be happy to hear from you.

Certainly can understand that, especially with the HEAT. Lord Toki and I went 2 weeks, missed 2. Will be back this Saturday and the next but may take the following off and then go last Saturday. I think had there not been a fire ban we would have been camping as well. not the same without a nice under control camp fire and cooked steaks and burgers or fresh caught trout over it.

I know 1st day of fair was SO dusty that clothing that normally is fine was black as ash and it's not easy to wash some of my garb. lets home this weekend brings the promised rain and lets home July is cooler than June has been. otherwise, next year if it is the same, we will need to move faire to Sept and Oct just so we don't all melt... or catch fire,
"The Metal Maiden"
To be nobody but yourself in a world which is doing its best, night and day, to make you everybody e

Edmund Howard

I thought maybe we had just missed you, Lady de Laney.  Weather is looking much cooler this weekend, though perhaps rainy.  I'll take rain!  The pirate may just have to come out from under his nice cool rock!

The Professor

It was a pleasure meeting you, and thank you again for your kindness!  Supposedly we've survived the hottest June in Colorado Weather History.  I'll hold my head up for that.

We're good, we're getting better, and we have a GREAT audience.
"People?  YOU DIDN'T TELL ME THERE'D BE PEOPLE!"

Nighthawk

Quote from: LadyFireKissed on July 04, 2012, 11:13:44 PM
Just an update over here, they are hopeing to have this fire here at 100% containment by tonight!  In the meantime, still sending prayers to everyone still affected!

I had an event I was required to attend in Cripple Creek earlier this week. It was a genuine pleasure to see that life seems to be going on sorta normally up that direction. We saw quite a few military vehicles and personel out and about, but otherwise things seem to be almost normal again. Made me happy.

Capt Spleen

The gods do not subtract from the allotted span of mens lives the hours spent in fishing.
~ antique sign seen at Famous Daves BBQ in Fort Collins recently.

Edmund Howard

Spleen, good to hear from you.

Merlin, your newts have apparently worked!  Real rain started yesterday.  We had real rain showers at faire today.  And it rained on us all the way home and it continues to rain now.  Hallelujah!

Nighthawk

Quote from: Wheatie on July 07, 2012, 09:29:37 PM
Spleen, good to hear from you.

Merlin, your newts have apparently worked!  Real rain started yesterday.  We had real rain showers at faire today.  And it rained on us all the way home and it continues to rain now.  Hallelujah!

Yessir!! We attended a birthday party at Southlands Mall, and it dumped on us in sheets!! We're going to be continuing the celebration at the faire tomorrow. Should I be expecting to be walking in mud?

Norfolk

Quote from: Nighthawk on July 07, 2012, 10:05:00 PM
We're going to be continuing the celebration at the faire tomorrow. Should I be expecting to be walking in mud?

Aye, Lad!  We went from a Renaissance Festival to a Mud-evil festival in about 20 minutes this afternoon!  The weather guessers predict an instant replay on the morrow.
Just call me "Your Grace"

Zoë

We've gone from fire to water up in my neck of the woods, and a bit too much of a good thing unfortunately. The monsoons have hit up here in the mountains and unfortunately that means some severe flooding in the yard of the house the Better Half and I bought just a week ago. (Good thing we purchased flood insurance...) Luckily no major damage except a giant trench frantically dug around the house to keep the basement from flooding. Our neighbor said he has never seen rain like this in Estes Park--today we received almost 4 inches in an hour. While we desperately need the moisture, too much at once is no good to anybody, so I hope Nature will consider a bit more moderation next time.
Capitaine Zoë D'Arcachon
Elizabeth Covington
Fritzie the Fairy

Nighthawk

Zoe... Crappy. Glad to hear you managed to divert the deluge. We're either burning or flooding. This summer has been bizarre so far.

Quote from: Baron on July 07, 2012, 10:15:07 PM

Aye, Lad!  We went from a Renaissance Festival to a Mud-evil festival in about 20 minutes this afternoon!  The weather guessers predict an instant replay on the morrow.

Guess I won't be wearing my gillies then... Minnetonka mocs it is! Thanks for the info.

Merlin the Elder

Sorry... I had never used that brand of Newts before. They must have been stronger than my normal ones. Now I wish I could get us some rain here!  We got a tiny bit yesterday...in spots. The oaks are already shedding their leaves, 3—4 months early.  Official temperature only reached 99° on Saturday, a very welcome reprieve.

We need a long period of a nice gentle rain, no lightning. I know you folks in Colorado would appreciate the same.
Living life in the slow lane
ROoL #116; the Jack of Daniels; AARP #7; SS# 000-00-0013
I've upped my standards. Now, up yours.
...and may all your babies be born naked...

Zoë

Aye, gentle is the key word there...no more flash floods!
Capitaine Zoë D'Arcachon
Elizabeth Covington
Fritzie the Fairy

Rani Zemirah

I knew I shouldn't have sung my rain song three whole times right in a row... but the situation was getting desperate up there!  Looks like it's going to bring us some rain this week, as well...  :o
Rani - Fire Goddess

Aut disce... aut discede

Francisco Paula

the rain at faire wasn't that bad yesterday. We only did our 2:15 show in a downpour. Was fun standing in the rain and every once in a while tipping my head forward so i could drain the water out of my tri-corn hat.