News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Wildfire Relief Assistance

Started by Radu the Gypsy, June 28, 2012, 03:48:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Radu the Gypsy

So, I know the Faire has something in the works themselves for helping the victims of the current disaster, but I don't know what and I don't know when.  All I know is "Options are being Discussed."

As of the afternoon of the 27th, I signed the paperwork with the Red Cross to become an official Third Party Collector, meaning I will help them raise funds for disaster relief, collate it, and give it to them in one package (or several if the donations get large enough).  I am also working to put together a food and supply drive up here in Denver through one of the food banks.  I don't have confirmation on that yet though.

I know many of us have been asking how to offer their assistance.  These are, according to the Red Cross and the Food Bank of the Rockies, the best ways to help out right now.  They are so swamped with volunteers that they are having to put people on waiting lists and turning people away.

So, as of the morning of the 28th, I will have promised to the Red Cross to raise a minimum of $1000 dollars as a Third Party Collector.  Any and All assistance in reaching or (hopefully) exceeding this goal would be appreciated.

Please either reply here or send me a private message if you would like to assist with Monetary donations or donations of food, water, and other supplies.  I will later be posting a list of those supplies that are most urgently needed.  Monetary Donations are best provided in the form of checks, made out to the Red Cross or, in a pinch, myself.  Checks made out to me will be put into a special account that will allow me to send the Red Cross a lump sum check.  Checks made out to the Red Cross will be put into the Disaster Relief Kit and delivered to them along with all other funds.

If you have been looking to help out with the Disaster Relief, this is an excellent way to do so.  I know that several of our members have been evacuated from their homes in the Springs, and they will sorely need our help.  The Red Cross is there to provide it.

If you would like to check up on the authenticity of the gathering of monetary donations, you can contact Sara Hazel, Director of Major Gifts at the Denver Red Cross Office, at (303) 607-4792.  As I said before, I will be arranging things with the food bank and will later publish a list of needed items and collection locations.  IN a pinch, I can also pick up any donations in the Denver Area.

Lastly, for those who have been forced to evacuate, Clothing is needed.  Goodwill has agreed to accept donations of new and used clothing, tagged as clothing for Disaster Relief.  For some people, a clean pair of socks and underwear is all that is needed to help them along.  Others need all manners of clothing.  IN this too, I will post drop off locations if there is not a Goodwill close to you, or be available several times during the week to make pick-ups.

Please extend you aid in whatever fashion you can in this time of need.  This is only the start of the Wildfire season, and they are telling us to prepare for more fires throughout the summer.  Your aid is sorely needed.

If you are not in the Greater Denver Area, Donations are the best option.  I can provide an address to send them too, collate them, and pass them on to the Red Cross to assist them in cutting down on their paperwork.

This effort will extend at least through the end of July if not longer, depending on the need and people's willingness to support.

"You can help people affected by the disasters the Colorado Wildfires, as well as the countless crises at home and around the word, by making a donation to support American Red Cross Disaster Relief.  Your gift enables the Red Cross to prepare for and provide shelter, food, emotional support, and other assistance in response to disasters"

I thank you, the Red Cross, Goodwill, and the Food Bank of the Rockies thank you, and the victims of the fires thank you.  Please open up your hearts and help us help out the victims of this growing disaster.  This effort will extend at least through the end of July if not longer, depending on the need and people's willingness to support.

-Radu, King of Gypsies
Mundanely known as Bear, or Michael Stanley

Lady Kett

Bless you Radu. Where could we send such donation checks?

Radu the Gypsy

Donation checks may be sent to
Michael Stanley
4601 South Balsam Way #1822
Littleton, CO 80123

They can be made out to myself or the Red Cross, which ever you are more comfortable with.  They have asked me to provide them with a lump sum at the end of July, so all checks made out to me will be put in a special charity savings account, and I will have a check cut for them at the end.  This will also allow people (once I have it set up) to donate via PayPal.

As of this evening, we have reached $1740 dollars in donations, with more promised and on the way.  Some are from individuals, some are from businesses, some are anonymous.  I am in awe of this great outpouring of goodwill.  The Red Cross will be ecstatic.

I hope to have the account and the paypal up tomorrow afternoon.

Radu the Gypsy

As of this afternoons deposits, we are at $2289.03 in money raised for the Red Cross.  The fundraiser will continue through the end of July, and donations can be made either through cash or check, or thru our paypal account.  To all who have already donated, a huge thank you.

-Radu

Blushing

It's an amazing effort, thanks Radu!  it's also a testament to how giving people can be.
~All human activity lies within the artist's scope~

Norfolk

Just call me "Your Grace"

Radu the Gypsy

Just realized I never posted the PayPal link here.  We are sitting around 2289 or so.  I'd like to try and raise 2500.  Any assistance would be appreciated. https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_s-xclick&hosted_button_id=XDXL7D4RPS4SJ

Radu the Gypsy

This will be the last weekend I can accept donations for the Red Cross.  We are right at $2300.00  If you can, please help us reach the $2500 mark.  I will be available at the Cat Show both Saturday and Sunday.  Again, many thank yous to those who have helped us get this far.

-Radu/Bear

Radu the Gypsy

Did anyone ever see if the Ren Faire did anything to help out the wildfire Relief effort?  I havent been able to track down any information.  However, Folks, I'm wrapping up the fundraiser drive tomorrow. As of this afternoon, we have raised *drum roll please* $2700.00 for the red cross! I want to thank everyone who made this happen, whether it was thru donation, offered assistance, or simply by spreading the word. Thank you all so much, and the Red Cross thanks you too.

Blushing

~All human activity lies within the artist's scope~