News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

A loss for Mayberry

Started by Sir Ironhead, July 03, 2012, 11:07:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sir Ironhead

Andy Griffith passed away at the age of 86.  So long Sheriff Andy.
Debaucheteer
IBRSC #1389
Sandbox Inspector
Iron'n M'Crack
Royal Order of Landsharks #41

DonaCatalina

Aurum peccamenes multifariam texit
Marquesa de Trives
Portrait Goddess

Ms Trish

My daughter used to call him Andy Gripper. Sad day for fans.
If you're not having fun, you're not doing it right!

Ferret

Merlin the Elder

Living life in the slow lane
ROoL #116; the Jack of Daniels; AARP #7; SS# 000-00-0013
I've upped my standards. Now, up yours.
...and may all your babies be born naked...

Baron Frederick

Many thanks Andy!! I have known his cousin for quite some time and he said was just what you and I saw, no pretenses
Baron Frederick

Rowan MacD

What doesn't kill me-had better run.
IWG wench #3139 
19.7% FaireFolk pure-80.3% FaireFolk corrupt

JimsDana

A Grand and Wonderful Comedian!
A Grand and Sad Loss!
What it was, was football
Take my hand and walk with me through life, or send me in the general direction, then point and laugh!

mehan

I grew up in Dare County.  Mr. Griffith  was often thought of by tourists as being standoffish, as he wouldn't rub elbows and sign autographs in Manteo or on the beach.  What they didn't know was that he was wonderful to the school system of Dare County.l  He paid for two music teachers who traveled throughout the system bringing music to an otherwise arts-deprived elementary school system.  He also paid for a full time music teacher at Manteo High (Joe Brown ROCKED!) and band uniforms for our marching band, which many felt was instrumental in our low-ranked high school marching band making state champions. 

We played music together in my fourth grade band class - he on clarinet and I on flute - neither of us very good, but thanks to a generous man able to at least try.  RIB Mr. Andy, RIP.