News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

RenDezvous 2012 Countdown

Started by Merlin the Elder, August 09, 2012, 12:46:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Merlin the Elder

I let things happen as they may, once I'm there. It will indeed be lovely to see the Minnesota contingent again! ...at least some of them, anyway.
Living life in the slow lane
ROoL #116; the Jack of Daniels; AARP #7; SS# 000-00-0013
I've upped my standards. Now, up yours.
...and may all your babies be born naked...

Lady Spicer

Actually - I was talking about the need (and requirement) of planning here in my life and work life!

Looking for a weekend of being dragged along for a change  ;D
Lady "Cinnamon" Spicer
Baroness of Worchester
Kimberly Grandprey
MN Renaissance Court

iain robb

Well, my wife and I will be meticulously planning our time, looking at the RenDezvous schedule, the entertainment schedule and the map (so we know how far apart each event and stage is).

In addition, we'll look at all the menus in advance and decide what we want to eat and where it is available and when we will eat it.

On top of that, we'll identify which shops we definitely want to hit, and, based on where they are and where the food, shows and RenDezvous events are, we'll figure out when to hit those shops.

We'll write that all out in a schedule and take it with us to consult over and over all day long.

Then we'll promptly get lost in conversation or distracted by shiny things in a shop or decide the next act that we weren't going to stay for actually looks interesting, and never look at a watch, and the whole thing will fall apart and we'll have a grand time anyway.  ;D

Molden

*whew!* You had me a mite "concerned" there Iain!  ;)

By the way, I'll be heading up tailgates on Sat/Sun am...y'all wouldn't want BBQ would you?
Cat-like & Mercurial

Reliably Unreliable

Merlin the Elder

He was scaring me, too, Molden. The last thing I need in my life is order...

Because of the distance, the best I can offer at tailgate is a chest full of beverages. We always travel with Coke, Fresca, and Jack Daniel's, and for faire I add a selection of ales, stouts, IPAs...

My wrist hourglass says that it is 16 days, 17 hours, 48 minutes, 35 seconds until opening cannon.

mehan

Shoot me a PM with what you would like Ewan and I to bring.  Even though we are from "out of town", we can still bring something. 

Lady Spicer

No clue on what we will bring either... I love BBQ, even for breakfast!

Merlin, want to add some Captain to the list to go with Jack?
Lady "Cinnamon" Spicer
Baroness of Worchester
Kimberly Grandprey
MN Renaissance Court

iain robb

BBQ sounds great.

As for fresh Florida OJ, we're still hunting around for someplace we can get early season oranges, and keeping a close eye on ours. Turns out the demand for them makes them hard to get, but some of ours are looking like they may possibly be ready for us to pick and bring up. I may have to go out and plead with them.

We're planning to make chocolate-chip muffins and freeze them, then bring those up just in case we get squeezed on the oranges. I realize it's the pits, and certainly not as a-peeling, but you gotta take the segments life give you.

Ms Trish

Quote from: Molden on October 10, 2012, 01:52:39 PM
*whew!* You had me a mite "concerned" there Iain!  ;)

By the way, I'll be heading up tailgates on Sat/Sun am...y'all wouldn't want BBQ would you?
I've never had BBQ for breakfast!
If you're not having fun, you're not doing it right!

Merlin the Elder

Quote from: Ms Trish on October 11, 2012, 12:04:13 PMI've never had BBQ for breakfast!

You ain't spent `nuff time in the South, Darlin'.

Lady Spicer

Been a northern girl all my life... ya know.  Minnesota spicy is my life!
Lady "Cinnamon" Spicer
Baroness of Worchester
Kimberly Grandprey
MN Renaissance Court

iain robb

Dang, girl, that means we'uns gonna hafta cook you up a messa Jalapeno-cheese grits too!

Lady Spicer

Eeeewwww!  I have to be able to breathe!  (Although Lord Spicer would probably absolutely love this!)
Lady "Cinnamon" Spicer
Baroness of Worchester
Kimberly Grandprey
MN Renaissance Court

Merlin the Elder

mehan

Ok - I am seriously becoming very afraid.  There may be fewer of us this time, but it is looking like you folks get in as much trouble as a multitude.