News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Glass Etching

Started by Tammy, September 07, 2012, 03:00:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tammy

Does anyone do glass etching with a renaissance festival flare?
Royal Protector of Raccoons, Mistress of the Poi, Best Friend of Windland/Nim, Guppy, Seamstress for The Feisty Lady.

Auryn

Tammy
I do a lot of it, but in my laser.
It looks especially good on frosted glass.
https://www.etsy.com/listing/107761138/edwardianvictorian-frosted-collins-glass

I can do pretty much any design.
Scissors cuts Paper. Paper covers Rock. Rock crushes Lizard. Lizard? poisons Spock. Spock smashes Scissors. Scissors dec

The Rabbi

I sand blast designs on both glass and mirror and create my own stencils by hand. Each design is handcut on every item so while very close no two are identical.
My sanity is not lost I sent it away
Proud member of FOKTOP

Tammy

Wow! Y'all are awesome. I'm cutting the stencils by hand, but using armour etch to do the etching. I'm vending at a one day ren faire in my town, and everyone wants me to do some etching...but I need ideas on renaissance type images to etch.
Royal Protector of Raccoons, Mistress of the Poi, Best Friend of Windland/Nim, Guppy, Seamstress for The Feisty Lady.

The Rabbi

I would recomend researching the time period in which the faire is suppose to take place in as well the proposed location. Also is there a fantasy element. Another point to consider is will this design sale elsewhere should I need to hit another venue. Floral designs, Hummingbirds or Peacocks, World map type mermaids, and Celtic designs should all be a safe bet for a ren faire. This is just a few quick ideas and by no means a limit to what you might find fitting.
My sanity is not lost I sent it away
Proud member of FOKTOP