News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

A bit of help, please

Started by mehan, November 02, 2012, 07:14:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mehan

I don't sew or know anything about it, but I read these boards and rejoice in all of your talent.  I need a little help.  I was speaking to an avid sempstress this weekend who does not go on line very much and was telling her about a thread I read here talking about using (I thought) heavy duty zip ties for boning in corsets. I wanted to send her that info, however,   I have tried searching for it and cannot find it.  Perhaps it was before the "epic fail" of the board.

Could someone refresh my memory so I could share this with her?

arbcoind

Rowan MacD

That thread was a great help to me. 
  Be sure to tell her it's the A/C Duct ties she wants, I seem to remember they were in, or near, the plumbing supplies area.  I had to find them myself, since the employees were clueless.
  They are in a totally different part of Home Depot than the small ones,which are usually used for electrical cables. 
What doesn't kill me-had better run.
IWG wench #3139 
19.7% FaireFolk pure-80.3% FaireFolk corrupt

gem

If she is buying at Home Depot, I strongly recommend the Malco brand, over the other brand/s of the same size. They are *much* sturdier. (I was unpleasantly surprised when my second or third pack was WAY more flexible than I was used to, and now I religiously stick to Malco.)

mehan

you guys are the absolute best.  Thanks ever so much!