News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

How to Setup Your Camp

Started by mpullen, March 17, 2013, 07:21:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mpullen

This Spring Break weekend was a test of our camping capacity. We had to turn out some campers. We could have admitted more campers, but some folks didn't understand the meaning of a packed campgrounds.

I will add more signs to show the central area is for RVs/travel trailers and not for tent campers.

Here is an example of 3 tents and 3 vehicles of how not to setup a camp:

T = Tent
R = campgrounds road
V = camper vehicle
C = Communial fire ring
B = Blank area

TBTBT
BBBBB
BBCBB
VBVBV
RRRRRRR

Best use of the area is:

TTT
VCV
BVB

In summary, pack in your camp as much as possible

Bonny Pearl

We arrived at 8:30 Friday morning and the area for trailers was not accessible.  There seemed to have been a few trailers that thought they needed more room than most and I was a bit surprised to see groups of tents in that area.  Is that area open for groups that are just tents?  for some reason i was thinking it was not.  I hope that where we set up was okay.  It seemed to be the only option we could find and maneuver in and out of.
Gypsy Wanderer
Kingdom of Onondaga
Order of the Hatchet
Landshark No.88

mpullen

Yes, Bonny. That central area is supposed to be for RVs and trailers (plus any tents associated with them).

I was able to catch a few groups as they were unloading their tents and explained the layout. They graciously agreed to relocate.

Unfortunately, several groups setup when I was not patrolling the area (late at night). I wasn't about to force anyone who had already setup their camp. However, I explained to them that "in the future, please setup elsewhere, so that RVs and trailers can get into the area".

Hopefully, closing weekend will be better organized.

Bonny Pearl

Okay thanks Mike.
It will sort out eventually; all good things take time and a bit of cat herding.  ;)

Gypsy Wanderer
Kingdom of Onondaga
Order of the Hatchet
Landshark No.88