News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Shall we meet somewhere?

Started by Oswyn Fenecote, March 22, 2013, 08:15:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Oswyn Fenecote

I didn't see a thread like this in the recent history, so I figure I would throw this out there...

I'm new to the board, but it seems a lot of TX folks are around, so maybe we should have an unofficial meeting spot one day, so that we may see eachother in person!

I'm not partial to when or where, particularly... The Sea Hag Pub, near where the court dance is held is nice, and large space. (I dunno how many will show)

Anyway, just a thought! Ideas  and interest level appreciated!

-Os
Oswyn Fenecote

skitter

Sounds like fun!  I'll be there most Saturdays.  Opening weekend?  Or did you want to make it a weekly thing?

My husb will be taking part in the court dance, so nearby there (maybe either beforehand or afterwards) would be great for me, and I am very pro-Pub.

Lady Kaalyn

You know i will be there everyweekend.  Cant wait to see you oswyn.
Texas Renaissance Festival
Scarborough Faire
Sherwood Forest Faire

Oswyn Fenecote

I too will be there every weekend, and also attend Court Dance every time. :D so I'm otay with before /after that. I wouldn't be opposed to meeting every week- I suppose it will be up to the masses. I fly solo at faire, so I'm not opposed to a new group, or just occasional meetings.

Im excited to see you too, L.K! and skitter, I'm bound to see you , if nowhere else but court dance.

I'm stupidly excited about faire starting. I wants it to start NOW tho. :)

Maybe A bit on the earlier side, opening day for the first meet and greet? say, 2pm at Sea Hag pub? IOt's shady there, and drink-y... :D

Oswyn Fenecote

Lady Kaalyn

It depends on what i am scheduled to work.  I will let you know when I know. 
Texas Renaissance Festival
Scarborough Faire
Sherwood Forest Faire

Lady Hez

I'm interested! I'm new here too and would love to meet you guys! :)

We'll be there the weekend of April 27th for my bday - We plan on going Sat and Sun.

skitter

Quote from: Oswyn Fenecote on March 22, 2013, 02:30:27 PM

Maybe A bit on the earlier side, opening day for the first meet and greet? say, 2pm at Sea Hag pub? IOt's shady there, and drink-y... :D

That sounds lovely!  Once we get closer and I know what I'll be wearing, I'll let you know.  It all depends on how motivated I am to sew for myself now that the other costuming is done.

Shady and drinky is a good combination!

Merlin the Elder

There's always tailgate...opening day, it will be EARLY. 
Living life in the slow lane
ROoL #116; the Jack of Daniels; AARP #7; SS# 000-00-0013
I've upped my standards. Now, up yours.
...and may all your babies be born naked...

DonaCatalina

I'm there every Saturday. I am really bad about keeping track of time once we are inside the fair though. I'd love to meet you.
Aurum peccamenes multifariam texit
Marquesa de Trives
Portrait Goddess

Ryk Rakham

We've all got together for a photo at times in the past. That's usually a great time to visit...
Ryk Rakham, scourge of the Red River
Rhyk Dragonfang

Jezz the Belle, scourge of the scourge
Lady Sherry

DonaCatalina

How about we try meeting at the bakery for breakfast right after cannon?
Anyone have a better idea?
Aurum peccamenes multifariam texit
Marquesa de Trives
Portrait Goddess

Merlin the Elder

I could use a coffee after all the ale for pre-breakfast... pre-cannon.
Living life in the slow lane
ROoL #116; the Jack of Daniels; AARP #7; SS# 000-00-0013
I've upped my standards. Now, up yours.
...and may all your babies be born naked...

Alerrick Afon Adou

Looks like we shall have Drinks then Breakfast on Opening Day as it should be!...............Huzzah

skitter

Meet in the morning at bakery -- check!
Meet at pub at 2pm -- check!

:)

*Teach*

There is a high chance that I will make that! Mainly because that is one of my required morning stops.

*it's one of the few non-rum things that are required at faire*
*Got more Rum?* "Here, Try This!"
http://forums.wearephoenixrisen.com