News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Renewing vows

Started by Drac, March 27, 2013, 12:27:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Drac

Hi all,

With Amy and me coming up on our 20 years (17 this May) we have been knocking around renewing our vows.  With the various Disneys (we are Mouse addicts, me more than her), a destination (Scotland maybe?) Scarby is definitely in the running.  Big disadvantage is that our anniversary is in May.  Big advantage is that we might be able to send out a few invites.  On the others, it wouldn't be fair to invite people and make them pay huge amounts to join us.

We would be looking for something simple.  I assume there are some around here that have done such.  Any advise?

Thx,
Jim
I cook with a flair for the dramatic,
and depraved indifference to calories

Merlin the Elder

If you're considering Scarby for this year, you may be too late. We did our 40-year renewal last April, and missed getting the preferred date/time when we tried to book 8 months in advance.  Lys? You handy?  Lys is the Scarby Wedding Coordinator...

We went all out with ours, and Lady Kett and Sidekick, also on this board, did their 25th anniversary in May, also with all the stops pulled. GREAT parties! I mean, how cool is it when Tartanic plays your receptions? We will not soon forget our RenNewal...

But, you can do it as small or large as you want. So, there's my nickel's worth.
Living life in the slow lane
ROoL #116; the Jack of Daniels; AARP #7; SS# 000-00-0013
I've upped my standards. Now, up yours.
...and may all your babies be born naked...

Drac

We would be looking 2 years from mow, 2015. 

Right now doing data collecting on what it takes.  Here we would have more people who could come as our families are in Michigan and New York.

Jim
I cook with a flair for the dramatic,
and depraved indifference to calories

Merlin the Elder

Anybody can do a renewal in Scotland...  ::)  Do it at Scarby!

Lady Kett

Highly recommend Scarby, Drac! We went all out too,and had a blast. I want to do it again, now!

My random advice is to plan the celebration for yourselves. Whoever makes it, makes it. Give them hotel names in the area, tell them where to be when, and if the out of towners make it, they make it.  Don't stress over it!

Merlin the Elder

No stress is right!   In 9 more years, when we hit our 50th, I'd love to do a joint renewal with Lady Kett & Sidekick, and the Don & Doña.  We basically met them here on the forum, and they've become quite good friends. Scarby has a lot of magic. Take advantage of it!

lys1022

I'm really late on this one!  Sorry!  Life has been rather hectic and I haven't been on the boards nearly as much as I once was. 

Yes, we can do lovely Vow Renewals!  We still have open time slots for the current season, we already have some folks signed up for 2014 too!  Feel free to e-mail us for more information at:

weddings@srfestival.com

Either Danielle or myself will happily answer any questions you may have. :)

- Lys
  2013 Wedding Coordinator
Lys
I am not an employee of Scarborough Faire and to not represent them in any way.