News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Does this bother you?

Started by Lady Renee Buchanan, June 03, 2010, 08:56:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mairte

I am also a lot more bothered by cell phones than a noisy audience.

Bob of the Lake

Jade, I'm with you. I get into the music and will sing along with songs that I like. I've also had feedback from performers that they're glad to have people in the audience who are "getting into it." I think the key is moderation....do what makes you enjoy the moment more, but don't interrupt the performance or bother the neighbors!
I came, I saw, I skipped to my lou.
            - Hammy the Squirrel

Jade Sapphire Emerald

Bob of the Lake, I see it mostly as a venue issue. If one is located in a large place where drinking, make believe, dancing, and singing along with yelling, shouting and loud noises are prevelent, then audience singing is not only expected, but encouraged! I've been in many Faire audiences where, right from the start, the artist says they want the audience to make as much noise as they can so that "the passerbyes get jealous of all the fun we're having."

And the same goes for a concert hall venue. If you are in a place where there is little drinking and frivolity, then yes, singing outloud is not only unexpected but downright rude. Unless, of course, all of my choir teachers were incorrect on telling us these things when we took field trips to the State Fair and the Strawberry Festival for outdoor concerts...
-Formerly Emerald Rogue-
-AKA Jaden Karr-