News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Food Fav's

Started by Hey- Arent You?, July 08, 2008, 08:10:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shoni the Shilent

Quote from: Aislynn on July 23, 2008, 10:53:06 AM
Quote from: Shoni the Shilent on July 22, 2008, 10:40:14 PM
Do try them, they are actually really good wirth ranch as well. Doesnt seem like fryed pickles could be good, but they are amazing, I had them a couple weekends ago.

where do they have ranch? I've always wanted ranch with the fried mac n cheese...

At the food booth b the elephants, which is also where you get the pickles

pktaxwench

My biggest surprise was to discover that Mac n Cheeze on a stick is actually pretty tasty.

Then again, I drink pickle juice out there, so I may not be the best one to give a food opinion. :)

Zoë

Pickle juice is good for curing hiccups.  So I know where to go if I ever get them at fest!

Ranch on the mac and cheese?  I have never ever thought of that.  Maybe I will make some at home and try it.  Does it taste the same if it's not on the stick?   :D
Capitaine Zoë D'Arcachon
Elizabeth Covington
Fritzie the Fairy

Hey- Arent You?

OK, totally off the faire track..... but on the subject of mac & cheese......
the mac-n-ch on a stick is formed and deep fried and "stuck", right?  so, an awesome dish=
form your (at home) MnC into a cube, freeze & deep fry (cuz that's how it's done)-
make some chili- homemade works best, and go heavy on the meat, easy on the beans-
pour a hot steaming bowl of said chili-  drop (gently) the afore mentioned cube of
mac n cheese into said steaming bowl.   eat with gusto, deliciousness ensues!

yes, I have had it, yes,, it's freakin awesome!
"All that is necessary for evil to triumph is for good people to do nothing"
~Edmund Burke

Rabiart MacThormod

Quote from: pktaxwench on July 23, 2008, 08:56:41 PM
My biggest surprise was to discover that Mac n Cheeze on a stick is actually pretty tasty.

Then again, I drink pickle juice out there, so I may not be the best one to give a food opinion. :)

Don't feel alone on the pickle juice habit. That's the quickest way to rehydrate after a long day of drinkin..... uh... I mean ... indulging in beverages of choice!  ;)

Adriana Rose

Pickle juice is a good way to perk up someone who has gone down with heat. Its the saltyness of the juice that perks them right up!

Some of the kids at my shop have been known to chase down the pickle guy!

Shoni the Shilent

Quote from: Adriana Rose on July 24, 2008, 11:51:46 AM
Pickle juice is a good way to perk up someone who has gone down with heat. Its the saltyness of the juice that perks them right up!

Some of the kids at my shop have been known to chase down the pickle guy!

Im very popular at their booth, people stare, I laugh. They all start to yell the second they see me trudging up the hill.
ANd I offer you all my wonderful juice. Just drop by with mug in hand, and ask for some. Ill be more than happy to oblige
Ive heard so many good things about the juice to make you not not want to have some

Capt Gabriela Fullpepper

I might be taking you up on that in this weekend Shoni
"The Metal Maiden"
To be nobody but yourself in a world which is doing its best, night and day, to make you everybody e